I hurt my 430

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hurt my 430

Yesterday I hit a pothole at 74MPH. Blew out the left front tire and bent my rim
    Attached Files
    Rijk

Sorry to hear that. Just realize it could have been much worse. Like hitting a pothole, loosing control and hitting a tree for instance.

Comment

It hurts to see that! But on the other hand you are lucky that 'only' the tire and rim are damaged. It could have ended much worse...

Comment

I thought Obama took care of those pot holes?

Comment

In the first Picture your Mechanic with the MG looks like he is already using a Calculator...

Comment

Glad you are ok mate! But of course gutted for the Fezza.
            1934 - 1938 - 1982 - 2006

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by panoz1 View Post
              In the first Picture your Mechanic with the MG looks like he is already using a Calculator...
              No, that is Tom. Picking me up 1.5 hours away in his custom V8 MGB. That was very nice of him
              Rijk

Comment

Always sad to see a Ferrari on a towtruck (though not uncommon ). But this damage can be fixed easily.

Good luck!
                Digi-Shape Auto Fotografie
                Digi-Shape Auto Posters

Comment

I do like Tom's MGB He did it right replaced all the wiring and added a V8
                  Had MG made that change in the 70s they may still be around.
                  Nice touch the tow Truck Dedicated to Ferrari and Maserati ....

Comment

Originally posted by panoz1 View Post
                    Nice touch the tow Truck Dedicated to Ferrari and Maserati ....
                    That is why I scrambled off the highway after my blowout. Most highways have tow deals with stupid companies.

This guy was very knowledgeable, and had the car on there in no time.
                    Rijk

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Did that once in an M3 and again in a CLK 430 Cabrio (twice). The "other 430". The perils of keeping a low profile.

Comment

At least my rim does not have to be replaced
                        Rijk

Comment

If you do not replace that rim we will have to report you to the 430 Consul in Milan
                          Or when you sell your 430 we would need to deduct $65,000 for abnormal wear and tear.
                          You are from America so the choice is up to you. Please save all receipts no one wants
                          to keep a imperfect 430 in their Garage.

Ferrari Club of America

Comment

Is that what it feels like being a Ferrari owner? :lol:
                            1934 - 1938 - 1982 - 2006

My YouTube Channel

Comment

I thought replacing undamaged rims was only $8,000 on a Ferrari. Must be the exchange rate.

Comment

Working...
                              X