Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to the forum, Andrew! I would probably need someone like you to get photographs of my C8 Spyder driving in plain rain on the motorway (no roof of course)! Or, the same with a Bugatti Type 35 and no mud guards. The water spills several meters into the air! I would imagine, a good photographer, a thunderstorm and the evening sun would probably give wonderful shots! Andrew, as you see I still have dreams...
    Last edited by amzamz; 16-08-2010, 17:27.

Comment

• ... someone caught the right moment! I was a bit too energetic it seems ... Powersliding for an Earl!
      Attached Files

Comment

• ... on the occasion of a perfectly sunny day, and 10-10-10 (October 10, 2010), my car was allowed out and about! Luxembourg - Frankfurt - Dresden - Berlin - Stralsund - Hamburg - Frankfurt ... 2,200km within one day. That was 16 hours of driving (breakfast-lunch-dinner and God knows how many gas stations included). :lol: Almost all motorway, and some of it empty as usual on Sunday morning. I was several times flooring the gas for a minute , and the oil temperature was half way between 100C and the next line. (...what temperature is that, by the way???) Holy smokes! That car still goes well... just my hands, and my right foot are aking. :lol:

(Maybe that was my contribution to the 10-years anniversary of Spyker?)
        Last edited by amzamz; 11-10-2010, 13:56.

Comment

• 2,200km within one day in a Spyker....! I'm jealous and no pictures.....

Comment

• By the way...very welkom in Zeist on you nexst trip! a lot less far..:-)

Comment

• How many miles are there on your C8 at the moment?

Comment

• Congrats, amzamz! That is some serious driving!

I'm jealous!
                With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

• Originally posted by Wouter View Post
                  2,200km within one day in a Spyker....! I'm jealous and no pictures.....
                  ... I had to drive, and drive, and drive! Calculate the average speed, and you will understand why! There actually is one picture, but it is seriously flawed. Everything is wrong with it. I intended to shoot a picture of "the moment". Have a look yourself.

(Hints: (1) the watch shows 10:11:30, I was too late for 10:10:10 on 10-10-10.... (2) I forgot to manually skip September 31st!!! Ha ha! So, it shows Sunday 9th which is wrong. (3) Spyker is 130 years old! The "modern" Spyker ceased to exist in February 2010, just short of its 10 years anniversary, and Spyker-Saab is 7 months old...)
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by amzamz View Post
                    ... on the occasion of a perfectly sunny day, and 10-10-10 (October 10, 2010), my car was allowed out and about! Luxembourg - Frankfurt - Dresden - Berlin - Stralsund - Hamburg - Frankfurt ... 2,200km within one day. That was 16 hours of driving (breakfast-lunch-dinner and God knows how many gas stations included). :lol: Almost all motorway, and some of it empty as usual on Sunday morning. I was several times flooring the gas for a minute , and the oil temperature was half way between 100C and the next line. (...what temperature is that, by the way???) Holy smokes! That car still goes well... just my hands, and my right foot are aking. :lol:

(Maybe that was my contribution to the 10-years anniversary of Spyker?)
                    We drove #007 on 10/10/10. Just not as far.
                    Sounds like a lot of fun.

Just wondering..... Why? Any particular reason for this one day monstertrip?

Jeffrey

Comment

• And I'll repeat mij question How many miles are there on #045 now? I guess a lot

Comment

• Originally posted by Spyker 007 View Post
                        Just wondering..... Why? Any particular reason for this one day monstertrip?

Jeffrey
                        No reason. I just felt like it. Sometimes it is good to be alone! I cannot tell you more... and switching from 5th to 6th gear at 240km/h is so addictive... :lol:

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr_Jaguar View Post
                          And I'll repeat mij question How many miles are there on #045 now? I guess a lot
                          ... tomorrow I will hit 77,777.7km

Comment

• That is really a lot!

Comment

• ... I am limited by being stubborn, and not putting a roof on ever. I could have done much more mileage! I have to be sure the weather stays dry. Satellite images and weather forecasts are my daily "bread".

As I said earlier, the car is probably over-engineered and Aluminium bodied, like the old Bugattis.... Conclusion: they are still excellent after 100 years! And the Audi S8 engines run fine and reproducible up to 250,000km, some even over 500,000km. Compared to this my car seems very young and hungry to do much more...

Comment

• Hear, hear!

(I like the way you think!)
                                With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Working...
                                X