Spyker cars relocates its vehicle assembly lines to the UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's interesting actually..

they had the definitive shape of the Aileron determined (see black bodyshell) while they were still in the process of building the Double12-based Aileron prototype. So instead of taking styling cues from the prototype to the production car, they did it the other way around! They built a Double12 to resemble an Aileron. Interesting!

Comment

The pictures I posted are from today or yesterday, from a video made by the BBC...
      Then what is that proto aileron doing there?
      The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Haha oh wow, how wrong was I!

We can only guess what they are fiddling with that proto Aileron for, it's not entirely impossible that they're disassembling it for parts..

Comment

Originally posted by Reddingius View Post
          Haha oh wow, how wrong was I!

We can only guess what they are fiddling with that proto Aileron for, it's not entirely impossible that they're disassembling it for parts..
          haha:lol: np! Appreciate your thinking.
          My guess is that are (dis)assembling the proto to practise or discover how the aileron is build (after the body-in-white stage)..

Comment

Could be, but apart from different body panels the Aileron proto structurally is just an old C8.. So by (dis)assembling it you'd only discover how that car is built, not the actual Aileron. Oh well, not knowing evertything makes for fun guessing right

By the way I'm still waiting for pictures of the Aileron with the body peeled away, I need to see the left-over room in the engine bay, the suspension, everything, soon!

Comment

You're right, guessing is fun.
              Chances of seeing a peeled aileron are much smaller because the body is far less 'peel-able', but I'm seeing forward to see such too!
              edit: at the moment this is the best I have for you
              Click image for larger version

Name:	252 (2).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	61113
              Last edited by IVR007; 10-02-2010, 23:33.

Comment

Lots of vacancies at CPP
                CPP-uk

Comment

It can't be a coincidence that AP racing is a neighbour of CPP :lol:

Comment

Working...
                  X