Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trouble with warm (HOT!) weather driving...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with warm (HOT!) weather driving...

152 has started to give me some trouble guys... It is similar to that of which was in 088. while 088 had some other issues, it also shared the one that we uncovered in 152.

What happened? When I got 152 back from LA, I noticed a SEVERE lack of HP. It would get better on occasion, but never where it should be. I commented this to some Spyker people I know and we decided to take a better look at it after the Bullrun ended. When Johann (of the Spyker techs that were in the event) arrived he concurred with my assessment. After some time of tinkering, he and Vinny (another Spyker guy from FL) decided to reset some of the software. This helped modestly but the problem was not solved.

Johann decided that the problem was severe enough to stay and continue with more tests. Long story short: There is a problem with the software that forces the car into a "limp mode" if the incoming temperature through the air sensor (or something to that effect) is too high. My problem is that it is over 110 degrees for more than three months of the year and that temperature is higher than the current setting allows. Johann flew back to Holland to see how they can get the software adjusted. I'll keep this post current as I find more information. The good news is that we are fairly certain that this is the problem. Additional evidence of this is that Holland cannot get 088 to replicate the problem I had. After they cleaned it up it seems to run flawlessly. So, this is all good news.

Dan

Originally posted by SpykerX3 View Post
    What happened? When I got 152 back from LA, I noticed a SEVERE lack of HP. It would get better on occasion, but never where it should be.

Johann decided that the problem was severe enough to stay and continue with more tests. Long story short: There is a problem with the software that forces the car into a "limp mode" if the incoming temperature through the air sensor (or something to that effect) is too high. My problem is that it is over 110 degrees for more than three months of the year and that temperature is higher than the current setting allows.

Dan
    I have had the same problem once. On May 31, it was around 100 degrees, and I also lost severe power 5 miles into a 100 mile trip. I thought it was bad gas, but the Ferrari had been gassed up at the same station at the same time.

The only thing I can add to Dan's story, is that it was a very oppressive day. It was hard to breath for people, let alone cars. The next day the temperature was just as high, but less humid, and the car had no problem.

I think that in general it will be hotter in Arizona, but the heat is dryer than up here in NY.

Please keep me informed.
    Rijk

Comment

YOu got it man. nothing new as of of right now but I know they are working on it. Good feedback though.

Comment

Still no update guys. I do know that they are working with the ECU company (name escapes me) to get an update out.

Comment

I hope that with the new control unit in the #107, the loss of power problem is also solved. Nick is now on vacation, so I will ask him in a few weeks.

The old control unit goes back to the factory. I wonder if it has a fault reading.
          Rijk

Comment

We are sending someone over from the factory to reprogram your ECU. This should eliminate the issues you have been having.

Please contact me if you need anything else...

Vinny

russo@spykercars.com
            Vinny

- former SPYKER Employee, but a fan for life....

Comment

Vinny,

Now that I have the new modular control unit, does that mean that my (single) hot day experience problem is now solved?
              Rijk

Comment

My understanding of your problem was an isolated issue, different from what #115 is experiencing.
                Vinny

Comment

Originally posted by ReducedSpeedAhead View Post
                  My understanding of your problem was an isolated issue, different from what #115 is experiencing.
                  That is great. Haven't had it recurring anyway
                  Rijk

Comment

Update...

I have an update on this...

For the issue involving the lost HP in warm weather, they have made some adjustments to the ECU. This seems to have helped tremendously. Johan Pit (a Spyker Tech) is here in Phoenix right now working on the car. He has sent a few data files to Holland and they have sent back updated settings. Every new update has resulted in better performance.

That is the good news... The bad news is that we are 99% sure my gearbox needs to be replaced. I'll post that in another thread.

Dan

Comment

Glad to hear that the ECU changes are working. I am sure that future owners will be thanking you for your patience in working this out, as the changes made to your car will effect all future models.

As for your gear box, a new one is on the way to Phoenix as we speak... How is that for customer service?
                      Vinny

Comment

I would expect nothing less! Thanks Vinny.

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerX3 View Post
                          I would expect nothing less! Thanks Vinny.
                          Spyker service is unparalleled

Try this when you have a Ferrari.
                          Rijk

Comment

Hey, we do what we can.
                            Vinny

Comment

What is wrong with your gearbox? Does it have anything to do with the whistling sound you have?

Comment

Working...
                              X