X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Gear Road Test Spyker C8

Not sure if this has been posted before but:

Spkyer C8

That was a very early production sample. You can see that because of the steering wheel and the four-point seat belts. The handling and braking have since greatly improved.

However, keep in mind that there are no electronic assists. You've got to do it all yourself, and that is the quality of the car. It took some time to get used to. Especially the non assisted brakes. But now I don't want it any other way.
    Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
      That was a very early production sample. You can see that because of the steering wheel and the four-point seat belts. The handling and braking have since greatly improved.

However, keep in mind that there are no electronic assists. You've got to do it all yourself, and that is the quality of the car. It took some time to get used to. Especially the non assisted brakes. But now I don't want it any other way.
      What - no ABS???

Comment

By the way - is it true what JC said about the air-con???

Comment

The Spyker C8 has ABS, but I have not been able to invoke it yet.

JC tested an early model with no vents in the dash whatsoever. My car has now three vents and it blows cold or warm air. But not nearly as effective as the Ferrari 360 Spider.

Apparently there is an airco upgrade that is installed for free in the '06 cars.
          Rijk

Comment

The Spyker C8 has ABS, but I have not been able to invoke it yet.

JC tested an early model with no vents in the dash whatsoever. My car has now three vents and it blows cold or warm air. But not nearly as effective as the Ferrari 360 Spider.

Apparently there is an airco upgrade that is installed for free in the '06 cars.
            Thanks for the info

Comment

The Spyker C8 Spyder that Top Gear tested was actually car #020. The car was better than the #007 (which was the first Spyker I drove myself), but soooooo much less developed than my #107.

Of course, the difference between #007 and #107 is so much bigger than the difference between the #107 and the #207 (last month car).
              Rijk

Comment

Of course, the difference between #007 and #107 is so much bigger than the difference between the #107 and the #207 (last month car).
                What improvements have been made between 107 and 207 - just out of curiosity???

Comment

I don't have a specific list of improvements, but it is an ongoing process. The latest is that a better airco has been developed as well as that power brakes have become an option.
                  Rijk

Comment

I don't have a specific list of improvements, but it is an ongoing process. The latest is that a better airco has been developed as well as that power brakes have become an option.
                    I see - thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X