Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG and Chevrolet Volt at Chicago Auto Show

For the VIN hunters out there...

Here are some pictures we took at the Chicago Auto Show last week. First is of the 2011 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, which was simply stunning! My fiance's new camera has a particularly good zoom, and she was able to snag the VIN off of the door pillar. This was a neat trick beacuse the car was on a turntable and not closely accessible.

Could this be the first discovered SLS VIN?

I also managed to steal the VIN off of the Chevrolet Volt that was on display, again cordoned off. Luckily I am tall! These are supposed to go on sale this fall as 2011 models, notice that this car carries a 2010 VIN! Also note the EX at the end, clearly a prototype.

I found this to be very cool, but then I am a huge car nerd.

Unfortunately I cannot upload the exterior shots until I figure out how to resize them, as they are too big!
    Attached Files

Nice 'detective' work I guess you could crop the images in paint or something alike..
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

I think I've got it now...
      Attached Files

Comment

Of course I meant 'resize' instead of 'crop', but I see you worked it out. I like the SLS, I was stunned when when it became clear this car was actually being put to production. In a good way, that is!
        The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Yes, it's just gorgeous, powerful and ostentatious... Everything an exotic should be!

Comment

Loving the new SLS convertible!

Comment

The convertible is good looking in person.

My friend who has the gullwing loves it.
              With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Working...
              X