Down time September 11, 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Down time September 11, 2008

This evening I will be installing software to improve rankings in the major search engines like Yahoo and Google. Once picked up by the spider bots of the search engines it will be much easier to find our exclusive Spyker forum so we can attract other fans and enthusiasts.

It will also mean some down time this evening to run back ups and installation of the required software.

Installation failed. When my support ticket is answered I'll give it another try.

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
      Installation failed. When my support ticket is answered I'll give it another try.

Comment

Didn't work as planned, but seems to be running now.

Comment

Didn't work as planned, but seems to be running now.

Comment

Thanks

Worked until late and even dragged Ian Bowles into this. Together we managed to get the software running.

Comment

This evening the forum software will be upgraded by me. Expect some down time, starting @ roughly 20:00h CET

Comment

The upgrade to vBulletin 3.6.9 has been installed successfully

The board will be slow the next hour as I am downloading a fresh back up (~ 250 Mb) as we speak.

Comment

Already started to mis it

Comment

This evening the forum software will be upgraded by me. Expect a couple of hours down time, starting @ roughly 21:15h CET

Comment

The upgrade to vBulletin 3.6.10 has been installed successfully

Comment

- but what's the advantage???

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Slegg View Post
                          - but what's the advantage???
                          It turned out there was a vulnerability in version 3.6.9 allowing hackers to take over the admin account.

Comment

It turned out there was a vulnerability in version 3.6.9 allowing hackers to take over the admin account.
                            I see - just as well you installed it then

Comment

If everything is going according to plan, I will be upgrading the forum software tomorrow to the newest version of vBulletin.

This is a major upgrade so expect a couple of hours downtime tomorrow during the day. I hope to start at 09:00 AM CET, but you never know because I have kids.

Comment

Working...
                              X