No announcement yet.

Peking-to-Paris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contrary to what Spyker has been saying in the past, they aren't yet sure if they are going to produce the SSUV. According to Nu.nl, this was stated by muller today during the general shareholders meeting.

Muller zei dat Spyker nog denkt over de productie van een SUV, maar dat er nog geen beslissingen zijn genomen. ,,We zijn daarvoor nog geen vaste verplichtingen aangegaan met derden'', aldus Muller

Translation:

Muller said that Spyker is still thinking about the production of an SUV, but that no decisions have yet been made. ,,Therefore we have no fixed commitments with third parties, Muller said.

Productie Saab op schema | nu.nl/economie | Het laatste nieuws het eerst op nu.nl

Comment

I hope they'll produce it. Many costs have been made and they are so far now in the development it would be pitty to cancel it and in the past it's been proved that this is a gap in automotive branch seen by it's orders with the unveiling of the first prototype. (164 i tought) Now they have to put it into production. But i hope that the production model is more beautiful than the other versions. But it certainly is going to be a unique car.
      Louis

Comment

It would be a huge let down if they decided to pull the plug on it. Most of the development work has been done and the final touches would be done by Saab (Auto Kopen.nl - autonieuws - SUV Spyker wordt verder ontwikkeld bij Saab) so it would be such a shame. I don't particularly like the way it looks but it is certainly unique and a statement.

Comment

This was/is my fear from Day One of the Saab talks as I cited in earlier posts...my concern is that leadership will be focused on getting the Saab purchase right with the sacrifice being some or all the dreams of Spyker.

I hope I am proven wrong.

Comment

I don't think that would happen. Spyker is Mullers baby. Given he's in charge (or rather, has a big say in the company's strategy) he won't abondon it quite yet.

This was also the point of another article I read today, in which he said he doesn't want to sell Spyker yet. If the opportunity presents itself, Spyker will evaluate it, but won't immediately do it. The argument was, again, Spyker being Muller's baby. Muller expects Spyker to be profitabe at about the same time as Saab (2012 or so), and he wants to wait for that.
            Spyker now has a shared cashpool with Saab GB so I reckon there's some financial stability in that. The only reasons I can come up with for canning the D8 are declining demand for it or spiralling development costs.
            I don't think they will cancel it because of Saab, because the D8 will in no way compete with the 9-4X.

Comment

"he won't abandon it YET".

Operative word for me would be YET!

Comment

Well yeah but chances are he would have sold it too when he hadn't bought Saab. It's just natural to sell a company if you find yourself unable to make it economically viable/profitable.

In my opinion the acquisition of Saab only brings good things to Spyker. A lOT of brand awareness, a shared cashpool, shared technological knowledge. In short: a lot of awesomeness.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddingius View Post
                  Contrary to what Spyker has been saying in the past, they aren't yet sure if they are going to produce the SSUV. According to Nu.nl, this was stated by muller today during the general shareholders meeting.

Muller zei dat Spyker nog denkt over de productie van een SUV, maar dat er nog geen beslissingen zijn genomen. ,,We zijn daarvoor nog geen vaste verplichtingen aangegaan met derden'', aldus Muller

Productie Saab op schema | nu.nl/economie | Het laatste nieuws het eerst op nu.nl
                  Originally posted by luigisk View Post
                  I hope they'll produce it. Many costs have been made and they are so far now in the development it would be pitty to cancel it and in the past it's been proved that this is a gap in automotive branch seen by it's orders with the unveiling of the first prototype. (164 i tought) Now they have to put it into production. But i hope that the production model is more beautiful than the other versions. But it certainly is going to be a unique car.
                  I wonder if it would be possible to use the SSUV-chassis for a productionmodel of a Quatroporte/Panamera killer?

Looking at the Land Rover bodies test vehicle we saw a while ago.

I would love to see a Spyker saloon car!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spyker 007 View Post
                    I would love to see a Spyker saloon car!!!!
                    an aston martin rapide mixed with an aileron could only be a beutiful cocktail

Comment

Working...
                    X