No announcement yet.

Compare the C8 Spyder to the 360 Spider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great thread. Had to resurrect this thread because it is so full of information.

Many of my questions about the C8 were answered. I am VERY GLAD to hear that the over-steer problem has been addressed. I am a decent driver, but don't want to deal with that

I am amazed and even a bit disgusted that the 360 spider in R&T's test weighed 3660 lbs. That's a PIG of a sports car.

Anyways, thanks so much everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Bavarian Motorist View Post

I am amazed and even a bit disgusted that the 360 spider in R&T's test weighed 3660 lbs. That's a PIG of a sports car.

)
      I think that the test weight is including fuel AND driver.
      Rijk

Comment

OK, my apologies. That's not so horrible if you figure 120-150 lbs of fuel and 150 lb driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Bavarian Motorist View Post
          Great thread. Had to resurrect this thread because it is so full of information.

Many of my questions about the C8 were answered. I am VERY GLAD to hear that the over-steer problem has been addressed. I am a decent driver, but don't want to deal with that

Anyways, thanks so much everyone

I am very biased on the 360/360CS/Challenge so I'll just get that out of the way right away... The 360 is best deal going right now if you want an exotic sports car with amazing numbers. You can get a really good used one for under $120k and under $100k if you don't mind miles. Also, don't be afraid of 360's with miles so long as you have service records. I've had three and none of them had engine/trans problems. I raced two of them (into the ground I might add...) and they were VERY reliable. The test weight of that car does seem high to me. Ferrari has always lived on the philosophy of weight:HP ratio will beat pure HP. I could consistently run 4.2 0-60 in my 360's (all six speeds) on stock settings. I greatly dislike the F1 in the 360--for the record. My M3 SMG had faster shifts than that garbage F1 they put in the 360 and 355.

If you want to have the time of your life, see if someone will lend you an Ariel Atom =)

Comment

Working...
          X