• Show
Clear All

I dont understand what you mean Michiel, show us some drawings
    Digi-Shape Auto Fotografie
    Digi-Shape Auto Posters

Comment

Originally posted by pterps View Post
      I dont understand what you mean Michiel, show us some drawings
      I don't have any renderings ready yet, but imagine a design similar like the one below applied over a C8 chassis:

In order to create objects of timeless beauty, one must respect the past, enjoy the present and look with enthusiasm into the future. www.michielvandenbrink.com

Comment

If I'd start from scratch with the C8 chassis as an underlayer and taking all the Spyker styling cues into account, then it could be something very special.
        Somewhat the same way like Zagato did with the C12, but when it will be a one-off the future owner will be part of the designprocess from the first sketch to the latest bodypanel.
        In order to create objects of timeless beauty, one must respect the past, enjoy the present and look with enthusiasm into the future. www.michielvandenbrink.com

Comment

Michiel,Russians compare your company with Spyker cars:
          SUR LA TERRE > Ñóïåðêàð îò Vandenbrink Design è Ferrari

Comment

Originally posted by chopster View Post
            Michiel,Russians compare your company with Spyker cars:
            SUR LA TERRE > Ñóïåðêàð îò Vandenbrink Design è Ferrari
            I can't read Russion... Do you?

Well, my company is quite different from Spyker.
            I don't want to be a car brand, we focus on design for manufacturers and Special Coachbuilding.

Comment

Originally posted by Michiel Mobiel View Post
              I don't have any renderings ready yet, but imagine a design similar like the one below applied over a C8 chassis:

Wow - that looks fantastic

Comment

Translated version of http://www.surlaterre.ru/blog/2048

Comment

Back to the topic of customised Spykers.

I found this photo on Flickr. I'm pretty sure this C8 is at Silicon Valley Auto Group. I haven't seen it for sale, so I'm guessing it is a customer's car.

The interesting thing about it is that all the chrome details have been painted matt-black. The mirrors, the two side airducts, the lights in the lower bumper, the "lip".

Photo courtesy of jwalker289. Thanks jwalker!

Don't really know whether I think it looks better now or not. I'd have to see an "outside"-picture to be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by bucciali View Post

I found this photo on Flickr. I'm pretty sure this C8 is at Silicon Valley Auto Group. I haven't seen it for sale, so I'm guessing it is a customer's car.

The interesting thing about it is that all the chrome details have been painted matt-black. The mirrors, the two side airducts, the lights in the lower bumper, the "lip".

Don't really know whether I think it looks better now or not. I'd have to see an "outside"-picture to be sure.
                    I don't really think its a case of it looking "better" merely different

Comment

I find it interesting that they blacked out the aluminum air intakes as well as the spoiler, but not the wheels. That might be a very good decision. I would like to see more pictures.
                      Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by bucciali View Post

With no disrespect to Spyker, I like that a lot more than with all the chrome showing. Now if the wheels were black, it'd be perfect. Thanks for the picture.
                        ZFF, SCC, XL9, WP0, ZA9, DRM...

Comment

I looked at the enlarged picture. They did not black out the headlights, grill, wheels, roll hoops and window frames. I think that is a good balance. Maybe I would have kept the spoiler and the side skirts aluminum.

What I do not like is the matte finish. It should have been glossy black like the rest of the body work.
                          Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                            I looked at the enlarged picture. They did not black out the headlights, grill, wheels, roll hoops and window frames. I think that is a good balance. Maybe I would have kept the spoiler and the side skirts aluminum.

What I do not like is the matte finish. It should have been glossy black like the rest of the body work.
                            I agree - if you're going to get rid of the chrome doi it in the body colour or a contrasting one; not a semi-match

Comment

I like "Dark Chrome" better. VW has such a grille for the VW Passat.

Comment

Costum Spyker...

If you go to... AUTOGESPOT - Exclusieve auto's gespot door jullie
                                There you can see the Spyker with the white/blue collor. It is a beautiful car I think. You can see more Spyker's there... I don't have any Spyker spotted on the road...

Comment

Working...
                                X