Spykers in China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spykers in China

Since I have not spotted these myself, I thought it best to keep them out of the spotters thread and create a new one for all Spykers in China :-)

C8 Laviolette, #058

Also posted in the 'Unofficial Register'

C8 Double 12 S

Other than these two, I don't have any more. Besides the C8's that were part of the Peking-to-Paris rally.

Great pictures...! Thanks, I was just wondering how to tell the difference between the two. Are there any differences in the front of the two cars...?
    ZFF, SCC, XL9, WP0, ZA9, DRM...

Comment

Yep.

The Double 12 has these small 'holes' all around the grill

Here's 2 pics of another Double 12 in China. At the race-track

Comment

Originally posted by bucciali View Post
        Here's 2 pics of another Double 12 in China.
        How come that only has two exhausts and the pictures in your first post showed four exhausts for the Double 12...?

Comment

I am guessing that this is one of the things that got further developed. Not sure what the 'newer' way is then, only 2 exhausts, or 4 exhausts.

Comment

Originally posted by bucciali View Post
            I am guessing that this is one of the things that got further developed. Not sure what the 'newer' way is then, only 2 exhausts, or 4 exhausts.
            So much to learn.

Comment

Interesting stuff - thanks for posting

Comment

I just watched the movie of one of the Chinese C8 Double 12s and noticed a few things.

1. It has a radio.
                2. It has extra switches on the middle console, below the gearshifter.
                3. It has an automatic transmission. Clutch is missing
                4. There are no "screws" visible on the wheel arches.

Comment

Nice pictures of the inside of the car. And that radio in it, it is beautiful. And the other pictures, impressive to shoot that in China. It is an big country and than you see those. Really nice.

Comment

@bucciali, the grey C8 Double 12S looks like a Laviolette version of the C12 LaTurbie. That explains the 4 exhausts, holes around the grill and the automatic transmission. Because als C12 models (C12 LaTurbie & C12 Zagato) have an automatic transmission. Also the C12 LaTurbie had no rivets (or "screws") like the C8 Double12S has.

But the strange thing is that on the side of the car you can read C8 Double 12S...

Comment

AX Lover; what about seeing it the other way around (disregarding the engine and only looking at the bodywork though). The LaTurbie is basically a C8 Double 12 with the roof slashed off, no?

This model is one of the tricky things we'll have with Spyker.

I found a nice picture of the Beijing dealership, courtesy of 'WizardofOss' from Autovisie forum. It shows the glass-roofed C8-D12S being there.(link to specific thread in unofficial register forum)

I have included the mosaic I made so that this thread also has some nice content.

Comment

Found a Laviolette in China. don't know the vin unfortunately. But I like the colour combo.
                        It has the old-style head lights and other than that I still too much of an amateur to point out any build specifics. My guess is though it has a VIN around the 100-mark.
                        Last edited by bucciali; 25-10-2009, 22:37.

Comment

Spyker C8 Double 12

Comment

D*mn!! That is one nice C8 Double 12! Very special colour
                            Good to see more proof of China being a big market for the Spyker.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjoern View Post
                              I've seen that car in the factory. It has a purple leather interior

Very bad combination.
                              Rijk

Comment

Working...
                              X