#115 - C8 Spyder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gentlemen,

You are most helpful. It is not the clamshell that is rattling...I can actually see the window vibrating and if I hold it against the gasket, the sound stops. I can actually see a difference in how the doors align with the body panels now...and it looks slightly off. I am not going to try a self-fix yet, because I fear that a serious bump could break a window, given how tightly the glass is pressing against the frame. Let's see how the dealership fixes it, (I'll ask about the 2008 window upgrades) and then I may resort to the rubber strip suggestions you've made. Now, as to turning the pump upside down, I would never have thought of that. How did you figure out that method? I'll try it.

Comment

My first anniversary of Spyker ownership, and with time you come to cherish the endearing things about a car...I now know that if you fill the tank six clicks past the first time it thinks it's full, you can now get the tank 15/16 full. I can't get it to indicate fully full, but I consider the gauge a rough approximator, rather than an indicator of actual fuel levels. Below 1/4 tank, it is more likely showing barometric pressure than anything resembling fuel levels.

On another note, had my test drive in the Ferrari California today. Come on economy, no whammies. I have to replace the 911 in 2010, but will need some good business karma to make a Ferrari happen. It is the first Japanese Ferrari, for both the good and bad that represents.

Comment

How many miles have you put on the Spyker so far?

Comment

2,800 to date.

Comment

Good to hear
            And I guess that's already more than most other owners have

Comment

Why deprive myself of one of my greatest pleasures? In summer, I take a 20-30 mile spin in the country each day, weather permitting. The tires have enough wear now that I can get the rears to break out with some predictability, and it is enough miles where I am in control, and really know the car's capabilities well. Familiarity means I can hammer it at will.

Comment

Brett,

Did you go to the New Hope show?
                Rijk

Comment

Rained out. Second year in a row, and I was so looking forward to it. Headed to MMC on Wednesday to have a dead rodent of some sort removed from the HVAC.

Comment

Rats...

Comment

Originally posted by Basokolow View Post
                      Rained out. Second year in a row, and I was so looking forward to it.
                      Hard to believe. And sad
                      Rijk

Comment

#115 after the winter

(copyright moose00015)
                        Attached Files

Comment

Ok, now I'm feeling stalked. How did those get from there to here? That's crazy. I went to Cars and Coffee Saturday morning in West Chester, and then stopped at my kids' school for an antique show. Was there for an hour. These are clearly from there. Every step you take, every move you make. I then took it home for a good post-winter bath.

Comment

Originally posted by Basokolow View Post
                            Ok, now I'm feeling stalked. How did those get from there to here? That's crazy.
                            Any Spyker attracts cameras. And flickr.com is very popular for uploading pictures.

Comment

yes, but how did you find them so quickly

Comment

Had a fun run yesterday with 3 scuds, a 308gts, a 360, an SL500, a Viper, a Boxster, a 328 GTS and an F355. Here's a pix. Spent the day today with friends at the Chestnut Hill Art and Garden Show, with a 911, Viper, Z06, AC Cobra and a Gallardo. Keeping fast company lately.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X