#017 - C8 Spyder - Black / Tan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #017 - C8 Spyder - Black / Tan

This is probably vin #017. I only have the following source as a basis for my hypothesis . Fast-cars.ch on its turn quotes an official Spyker press release, so I guess it's pretty solid. Unless the owner made a typo :-).

In these pictures it is on show at the 2003 Auto Expo Mundial in Mexico.
    Last edited by F Spider; 04-03-2023, 00:16.

Since all Bucciali's images from before 25-10-2009 are gone, here are some of the Auto Expo Mundial
    017.jpg017 (2).JPG

017 (3).jpg
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Found XL9AB11A63Z363017 in a russian database. Registered at 9th of July 2008.

Comment

Excellent find Matthias !
        Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

I found these pictures from the British Motor Show 2002, which was held from october 23rd till november 3rd 2002. XL9AB11A63Z363017 is a model year 2003 car, so the car in the pictures could be #017. There is a catch however... Since the British Motorshow was in 2002, #017 must have been built in (or before) 2002. Model year 2003 would not be a problem because model years sometimes start earlier than the actual year, so a model year 2003 car could very well have been produced in 2002. But in 2002 there were only two C8 Spyders in existence as the fourth photograph shows. #001 being the one produced in 2000 and the second one would than have to be #017. #002 however is a model year 2002 Spyker so this one would have, most likely, been built before #017. #002 was delivered at the 2003 AutoRai so could have been finished in 2003?

4128060191_383fe64dd1_o.jpg 4128831262_b55cde06a5_o.jpg 4221905923_877e5b6820_o_British Motorshow 2002.jpg Spyker%20productieaantallen%202.jpg

Comment

I think #017 has a scoop on the back lid. Look very closely to picture 1(above the mirror) & 4 of post #2... So it's probably not the one from the British Motor Show. Since we now know this car has been registered in Russia, isn't it the car that visited EDO??

For the Russian EDO car:
            - http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/spy...html#post12934 post #28 and #30
            - http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/spy...html#post16421 post #305 and #307
            - autogespot.com
            - Spyker C8 Spyder on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (EDO sticker under the side marker)
            - it's also somewhere in this video
            Last edited by F Spider; 25-09-2022, 14:39.

Comment

The one at the British Motor Show also has the airintake on the back (photo 2, although difficult to see).

Comment

I think #017 is the car that visited the British Motor Show and later visited edo.

The middle console is different and was used only on very early production models. For comparison: Left: (very) early Spykers, Right: later Spykers

4221905923_877e5b6820_o_British Motorshow 2002_middle console.jpg 4746873288_b2cc165142_b_Le Belle Macchine d'Italia 2010_middle console.jpg

Unfortunately no interior pics from the interior of the Spyker that was at the Expo Mundial in Mexico but both the Spyder at the British Motor Show and the "EDO Spyker" have the early middle console.

Comment

Originally posted by Laviolette GT2R View Post
                  I think #017 is the car that visited the British Motor Show and later visited edo.

The middle console is different and was used only on very early production models. For comparison: Left: (very) early Spykers, Right: later Spykers

[ATTACH]7899[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]7900[/ATTACH]

Unfortunately no interior pics from the interior of the Spyker that was at the Expo Mundial in Mexico but both the Spyder at the British Motor Show and the "EDO Spyker" have the early middle console.
                  Also notice the silver dials. Later cars have white or the optional Chronoswiss with black dials.

Comment

Spotted

017 (4).jpg

Comment

Brennerpas

I was waiting for the toll port to enter the Brennerpass in Austria on my way to Italy. In my mirror this C8 Spyder showed up. We passed the toll port at the same time so I could enjoy the V8 while we drove through the Alps . I will post some pictures when I'm home again .
                      Last edited by F Spider; 25-09-2022, 14:38.

Comment

Now, how rare is that! This never happens to me:lol::lol::lol:
                        Last edited by F Spider; 25-09-2022, 14:38.
                        Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter View Post
                          I was waiting for the toll port to enter the Brennerpass in Austria on my way to Italy. In my mirror this C8 Spyder showed up. We passed the toll port at the same time so I could enjoy the V8 while we drove through the Alps .
                          ... that was on the way from Nurburgring (spotted) to Budapest (spotted) .

Comment

image_9866.jpg image_9867.jpg image_9868.jpg image_9869.jpg image_9870.jpg image_9871.jpg
                            Originally posted by Wouter View Post
                            I was waiting for the toll port to enter the Brennerpass in Austria on my way to Italy. In my mirror this C8 Spyder showed up. We passed the toll port at the same time so I could enjoy the V8 while we drove through the Alps . I will post some pictures when I'm home again .
                            Here are the pictures I took;
                            Last edited by F Spider; 04-03-2023, 00:17.

Comment

Very nice. It has been way too long since I saw / heard / drove a Spyker

nice pictures!

Comment

Working...
                              X