Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#188 - C8 Laviolette - Orange-Black (with orange stitching)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #188 - C8 Laviolette - Orange-Black (with orange stitching)

On display at Hong Seh's 40th Anniversary display this weekend at the Formula One Pit near the Singapore Flyer (a giant observation wheel).
    Hong Seh, for those not following the Spotters Thread, is the Singaporean Ferrari dealer. Rumours had it that they are/were the Spyker dealer in Singapore and some pictures even showed a Spyker C8 Spyder in their workshop.

Well, now they have a new Spyker. We don't know yet whether this is from their collection, on sale, or just a demonstrator. The anniversary event was also used to announce officially that Hong Seh will be the distributor of Spyker and Artega cars.

More pics to follow...
    Last edited by F Spider; 02-02-2021, 02:12.

image_2970.jpgimage_2971.jpg Nice find bucciali!

More pictures of this RHD C8 Laviolette on flickr - copyright e3lipse - . I really like this color combination!
    Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Thanks Stephan.

Funny thing. I saw these Flickr photos you've posted first and thought it was a red Laviolette. But after some more searching, it was clear that these photos have a little too high Red values :-)

As I assume that there aren't that many RHD orange Laviolette's, we know that Vinny already knew back in July :-)

Comment

I saw these pictures on flickr being listed as Spyker C8 Laviolette 188. I thought could 188 mean VIN number 188? I went over the pics inch by inch and could not find a clue.

I wanted to put this Laviolette on the forum and than discovered that you beat me to it. When I looked at your picture it was pretty obvious that this must be #188

But you are right, the orange on the flickr pictures seems much darker than it actually is. To be honest I like the orange as it appears on these photographs better...

Comment

I found more pictures on flickr, also from the interior. It turns out that #188 is yet another, we now found 10, model year 2009 C8 Laviolette !

3095294430_f217c2de1f_o_p.jpg 3095160399_2b85da48b3_o.jpg 3096001626_832b4413d7_o.jpg
          3096005528_bd308782fe_o.jpg 3096005586_286485e157_o.jpg

Copyright photographs: 1 -Naveen Prabhakar 2, 3, 4 and 5 - Jeff Tan

Comment

"headlamp-cleaning-nozzle-thingie"

Nice pics of a Spyker in a very good color!!

In the first picture of post #5 it seems that this Spyker has a "headlamp-cleaning-nozzle-thingie" (just like for the frontwindowspray). Don't know what its called in English but I mean the little orange circle under the headlamp.

First time I've seen this... Is this a known option on Spykers? And... does it have it on its frontwindow as well?

Niels

Comment

It is a headlamp washer system and is obligatory is you have xenon lights.

More Spyker's have it. For instance the oranje ex-Michiel Mol car. And the dark gray/orange Spyder that was in the factory when we where there (car was also spotted in France).

Comment

The beautiful vin #188 was featured in an edition of the Singaporean magazine Torque. The photos for this article were taken by automotive photographer Andy Wee. Check out his website for more impressive stuff: Andy Wee - automotive photography.

I think these pictures are absolutely stunning and am very interested to see the actual Torque article, but no luck in finding it so far.

Thanks Andy, for letting us share these on the forum!

Last edited by F Spider; 02-02-2021, 02:11.

Comment

Nice find bucciali !

Comment

Thanks

Many more shots of the Hong Seh 40th anniversary and a few of #188 here too: Missed Hong Seh's birthday bash? | Other Car News - sgCarMart

Comment

image_5546.jpgimage_5547.jpg Two new shots by Cutecars

Comment

Probably still for sale at Spyker of Singapore

+ YouTube Video
                        ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
                        The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

It seems #188 ended up in this huge private collection and is now for sale

Comment

Originally posted by Laviolette GT2R View Post
                            It seems #188 ended up in this huge private collection and is now for sale
                            toolkit is missing.....

Comment

Currently for sale at Reckless Co Ltd
                              Last edited by F Spider; 02-02-2021, 02:10.

Comment

Working...
                              X