Detroit anyone??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detroit anyone??

Just had some business to do in Michigan and travelled a few hundred miles on the highways and byways of Detroit and surrounding areas. Yes, Detroit is about as depressing as it gets, but I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the roadways (no potholes, very smooth, etc), 70 mph speed limit, signs posted everywhere that left lanes are for passing only and people actually paying attention to that (felt like I was back in Europe!)....just too bad there were mostly American cars that could not really take advantage of these roadways

Coming from California and New York, it is always astonishing to me what good shape the roads in the rest of the country are in. Last May I drove through Texas on the Gumball 3000 and I saw just how good the roads ended up in the state that George Bush hails from . . . evey last lane and byway, perfectly paved! :lol:
    With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheLam View Post
      Coming from California and New York, it is always astonishing to me what good shape the roads in the rest of the country are in. Last May I drove through Texas on the Gumball 3000 and I saw just how good the roads ended up in the state that George Bush hails from . . . evey last lane and byway, perfectly paved! :lol:
      The Roads in Texas have always been in great shape, It has nothing to do with George Bush. what else do you want to blame him for... For twenty years they have look like that. Same way in Michigan some states do a better job funding better companies to make roads, while others save a buck and well there you have it. Last time i was on the PCH it looked fine... while other areas in California look terrible, Same way in new york... Find the Good Roads in Life,Lay the Rubber down brother...

Comment

Working...
      X