Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, it's been out for a while.

Originally posted by DavidMorgan View Post
    Qudos to Spyder .. What's on the cover page of the New York International Auto Show website.

Well this beauty

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidMorgan View Post
      Qudos to Spyder .. What's on the cover page of the New York International Auto Show website.

Well this beauty
      Thanks for sharing. Didn't know a Spyker was on the cover page

Comment

• Spyker is the theme car of the NYIAS, and will also be on the cover of the official show guide
        Rijk

Comment

• For the Dutch only
          An article in Carros. Btw remember that we saw that picture of the aileron back in December? (see here)
          The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

• AutoCar article can be found here
            Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

• Strange article.. Aileron FIA GT1 spec? Spyker Cars based in Amsterdam?

Comment

• This is one of the main reasons I bought a Spyker...kept looking back and forth between the Lambo I was considering and the C8 and the interior on the C8 just blew the Lambo interior away...it was like comparing a Bentley interior to a Yugo :lol:...it soon became a very obvious choice.

From Victor:

"I owned Astons and Ferraris but was always rather disappointed with the way they were finished,” he said. “They were great driving cars, but seemed cheaply built. I wanted to bring back craftsmanship.”

Here's one line from the article I did not quite understand:

"The cars were also plagued with handling issues brought on by its short wheelbase."

Comment

• Originally posted by Swisstrader View Post
                  ...on the C8 just blew the Lambo interior away...it was like comparing a Bentley interior to a Yugo :lol:...it soon became a very obvious choice.

"The cars were also plagued with handling issues brought on by its short wheelbase."
                  I think he watched the C8 review from Top Gear, where they mention it has some oversteering IIRC.

Two articles from USA today
                  Nummero uno
                  Numero due
                  The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

• Well as Jeremy Clarkson said in his review of an early C8, there were quite a few handling issues with that car. First it had a whole lot of understeer, then oversteer, but it was never quite balanced.
                    I do believe they resolved this with the later cars, but it was never quite up to ferrari standards. It's really difficult to make a short wheelbase car handle well (Renault Clio V6 anyone?), especially if its front track is so much narrower than the rear track.

Short wheelbase cars are much more difficult to control in oversteer situations. Look at the car as a pendulum. When breaking into oversteer, a long wheelbase car acts like a long pendulum, moving relatively slowly, giving the driver time to react. In a short wheelbase car however, the pendulum effect is such that the car almost immediately turns itself around.

Comment

• Great answer...I do recall Clarkson saying words to the effect of "in an attempt to fix the problem with understeer, they've now created roll over steer". So, at what stage did this get fixed?

Originally posted by Reddingius View Post
                      Well as Jeremy Clarkson said in his review of an early C8, there were quite a few handling issues with that car. First it had a whole lot of understeer, then oversteer, but it was never quite balanced.
                      I do believe they resolved this with the later cars, but it was never quite up to ferrari standards. It's really difficult to make a short wheelbase car handle well (Renault Clio V6 anyone?), especially if its front track is so much narrower than the rear track.

Short wheelbase cars are much more difficult to control in oversteer situations. Look at the car as a pendulum. When breaking into oversteer, a long wheelbase car acts like a long pendulum, moving relatively slowly, giving the driver time to react. In a short wheelbase car however, the pendulum effect is such that the car almost immediately turns itself around.

Comment

• I don't know the historical answer to this question, but I can tell you that #083 handles great, a well balanced, precise mid-engine driver's car. It is of course possible to induce either understeer or oversteer, but the car handles very, very well in the twisties.

It helps if you know how to drive, of course.
                        With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

• An article in the business section of USA Today, uh, today.

Spyker prepares for takeoff of its exotic sports cars in USA - USATODAY.com
                          With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

• In a word WOW!...talk about going mainstream

Originally posted by OnTheLam View Post
                            An article in the business section of USA Today, uh, today.

Spyker prepares for takeoff of its exotic sports cars in USA - USATODAY.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Swisstrader View Post
                              Great answer...I do recall Clarkson saying words to the effect of "in an attempt to fix the problem with understeer, they've now created roll over steer". So, at what stage did this get fixed?
                              The C8 tested in TG was #020. Many incremental improvements have been made to the handling since.
                              Rijk

Comment

• I think they perfected the car around production of 086:lol:

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                                The C8 tested in TG was #020. Many incremental improvements have been made to the handling since.

Comment

Working...
                                X