Clear All

I'm very jealous

Dutchdude
    Spykerowner #141
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Basokolow View Post
      Having added 16 miles to the ODO
      You need to beak-in this puppy. I suppose that you take a long trip soon and that we meet up. This will help you with your mileage

This coming weekend I'm in Europe, but the next weekend I'm having a long weekend.
      Rijk

Comment

Ugh

Took it to be registered today, and the CA Certificate of Origin is not notarized. PA requires it to be, so I had to overnight the Cert back to CA to be notarized, and that will delay my registration and therefore use for 3 days. On the way to the registration, a guy in an Alpina B7 chased me down to ask what I was driving. He was speechless. Does the car always gather a crowd?

Brett

Comment

sorry to hear about the registration woes. In AZ you could apply for a 30 day "general use permit"--maybe there is something similar there?

As far as crowds go... yes, you will almost always have one. The problem is they are usually very uneducated. In order of what people think it is:
          1) Lamborghini (doors)
          2) Kit car
          3) "what's a Spyder C8?
          4) Ferrari

Also, get use to:

Onlooker: "wow that is really cool! What is it?
          You: "A Spyker!"
          Onlooker: "who makes it?"
          You: "Spyker!"
          Onlooker: "ok... but who makes it?"
          ---repeat as many times as necessary---

People just don't know what it is. So, therein lies the quandry... you can buy one and accept that fact that 99.99% of all humans won't know what it is even after you explain it. OR, you could buy something that eveyone knows (Ferrari, Lambo, etc.) and just look cool and avoid the conversation. I had to add Lambo to that list but personally i have never seen someone in a Lambo and thought they looked cool. Generally I just concede that it is just a really good kit car. i tell them to look on ebay and they can build one themselves. You start with a VW Beetle and strip it down. From there, you take the motor out and start bolting in all this stuff. That is why there is no radio. The harness for the electronics was really expensive and I was not smart enough to figure out how to install my Kraco. =)

Comment

How funny. I've been tempted to use the kit car line myself. But, I want to contribute to brand awareness. Maybe the Alpina guy will join this group...I told him about it.

Comment

I only use it when people are being really ignorant. i enjoy talking about the car and educating but sometimes you run in the occasional party-pooper. So, instead of fighting it, I just have a little fun.

Comment

.... He was speechless. Does the car always gather a crowd?

Brett
                Yes it does always gather a crowd. See a few examples from Sweden on photos below. Notice that the BMWs get no attention, and also the Saab Sonett (orange, background left) looks abandoned. I also once parked it next to a Lamborghini, and 100% of the crowd was at the Spyker, of course. See pics at http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/att...r-cimg1451.jpg and http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/att...mg1453-mod.jpg .
                Attached Files

Comment

Car show visitors in Sweden are decidedly less overweight than their US counterparts
                  Rijk

Comment

Just an FYI guys... If anyone has anything they need... Questions, specs, etc. Please feel free to contact me... I am here in the states to support the dealers AND the owners.

Russo@spykercars.com

Vinny

PS - I'll be checking on #107 tomorrow AM. I just heard about it today.
                    Vinny

- former SPYKER Employee, but a fan for life....

Comment

Originally posted by ReducedSpeedAhead View Post
                      PS - I'll be checking on #107 tomorrow AM. I just heard about it today.
                      Thank you Vinny.
                      Rijk

Comment

Fob

So, at the advice of the list members, I took the non-functional fob (aka hockey puck) to a jeweler, who replaced the battery. It still does not work. I have requested the dealer get me a factory replacement. Took my bride for her first spin tonight. She loved the retro dash lights.

Brett

Comment

Brett, talk to the dealer but also get Vinny in the loop. There is a special way to program these but since you are getting a second one it may be good to get both at the same time.

Dan

Comment

So, at the advice of the list members, I took the non-functional fob (aka hockey puck) to a jeweler, who replaced the battery. It still does not work. I have requested the dealer get me a factory replacement.

Brett
                            Mine does work, but not correctly. The dealer has the computer program to reprogram the fob.
                            Rijk

Comment

Fob

The dealer tells me they have taken the matter up with the factory. Apparently, the dealer does not know how to fix it. I am registered and officially on the road!

Comment

I am registered and officially on the road!
                                Now, that is good news
                                Rijk

Comment

Working...
                                X