"The Global Resurgence Of Spyker"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bilen View Post
    The Artega was much lighter, 1100kg (wiki), also a lot shorter ~30 cm.
    Would have betted on the Evora being the base but the wheelbase does not match, but nor does it match the Artega GT.
    You mention the so called "dry weight" of the Artega which is without any oil, brake fluid, water, fuel and driver. The official weigth was 1285kg.

Length: Artega: 4015mm, B6: 4347mm But I think the design of the front of the B6 is the main reason for that.

Wheelbase: Artega: 2460mm; B6: <2500mm, So it's the same.

Be careful with measurements from the Artega you find in the net. Sometimes the old values of the first prototype are mentioned. But during development the position of the engine was changed from nearly rear to nearly mid-engine which inreased the length and wheelbase of the Artega GT.

Comment

Originally posted by AirHH View Post
      You mention the so called "dry weight" of the Artega which is without any oil, brake fluid, water, fuel and driver. The official weigth was 1285kg.

Length: Artega: 4015mm, B6: 4347mm But I think the design of the front of the B6 is the main reason for that.

Wheelbase: Artega: 2460mm; B6: <2500mm, So it's the same.

Be careful with measurements from the Artega you find in the net. Sometimes the old values of the first prototype are mentioned. But during development the position of the engine was changed from nearly rear to nearly mid-engine which inreased the length and wheelbase of the Artega GT.
      Ok, thanks for the infor.
      I have always loved the Artega, except for the DSG, I like manual boxes.
      I think it will be a good base for the B6.

Comment

The Artega (basis price 65k excluding tax) being a good base for a "supercar" priced 125 - 150k PLUS Tax.
        Well, yes, then the Fiat Panda might be the right basis for a 100k Spyker city Car for my wife.
        Sorry to ask: Is there anybody able to critizise what Spyker does with it's customers and enthusiasts in this case ?

Comment

Originally posted by Spyker 240 View Post
          Sorry to ask: Is there anybody able to critizise what Spyker does with it's customers and enthusiasts in this case ?
          Ouch.

Totally respect your views, just for myself I thought I would offer a counterpoint. You need not agree.

I'm sure the personal investment a Spyker owner has in the brand is much different than that of a non-owning enthusiast. So I can see you have fears of watering down the brand.

But in the interest of maintaining the brand, the Venator may be necessary. The Cayenne to many was an abomination, but today is Porsche's best seller. The 918 might not be possible without it.

Comment

The Artega (basis price 65k excluding tax)
            Since you're very precise with the numbers: The correct basis price for the MY2012 Artega GT was €74370 excluding tax.

Now add approx. 10k for stronger engine (R36 upgrade from 300hp to 500hp is 23k).

15k for a much finer exterior and interior.

Then you have already 100k.

And then take a look a the price politics of Spyker: A friend of mine works for the police. In a case where a C8 burned down the owner told them the price he paid for the new car. The reduction was more than 25% on the list price.

At Artega I never got such a reduction, perhaps 10% was possible max!
            Everything fine for me...

And to be honest: The comparison with the Panda was pointless.

Comment

Didn't want to hurt you ... .
              Your counterpart doesn't sound logical to me.
              This is because, yes, it is on the base of the Touareg,
              They have completely different engines and technique.
              I don't see this with the Venator. The only things to be
              different to the Artega is the body and the interior. Engine,
              gearbox, etc. will be the same. Also the engine. It will not have
              So where do you think, they will get the 375hp from, if the VW
              V6 has only 300 hp ? B.t.w.: Did anyone ever dynotest a C8 ?

Comment

P.S.: You are absolutely right about "watering down the brand" ... .

Comment

The comparisson with the Panda wasn't from me. My wife raised this questions ... .

Comment

So where do you think, they will get the 375hp from, if the VW V6 has only 300 hp ?
                    As far as I know, the VW V6 power plant with 300 bhp is normally aspirated. If Nik Saran of VF Engineering develops a supercharger kit for Spyker, it will easily have 375 bhp. And that will not only change the performance compared to the Artega, but also gives the B6 a totally different character.

Apart from that. The B6 Venator is a concept car, so I guess we can end up with any V6 in the production car.

Comment

Or they will do the same as with the Audi V8 for the C8: "Special Spyker upgrade for the engine steering" and come from 334hp to 400 hp.
                      Again: Did anyone ever dynotest a C8 ?
                      Hmmm: I heard some cartesters saying, that Spykers aren't fast but only loud.
                      Find your own conclusions ... .

Comment

And does anyone have official circuit times for the C8?
                        e.g. standard supertest times for "the ring" and hockenheim small circuit?

C8: 3,9kg/hp
                        GT: 4,28kg/hp
                        Carrera S: 3,68kg/hp

B6 (estimated on the given numbers): 3,6 to 3,7 kg/hp (do we still need the C8??? Maybe for the Top Speed...)

Since VW improved the R36-block a lot (even during the time the GT was developed: new engine-block-cooling-concept) it should be possible to bring it stable to 375hp. But due to the VR-shape it's not easy to improve the cooling.
                        I know the trouble VW had already to stabilize the engine for the Passat R36 and then the time and effort in cooling changes Artega added for the GT it's nothing you can solve easily a simple Turbo. They might need compression ratio modification on the engine, new intake manifold, better intake cooling AND improved clutches in the DSG-Gearbox.

But as Victor stated in the interview: The B6 is actually a concept car. But if they really want to start it in first half of 2014 they can't build a car from scratch, but they can still change a lot...

Comment

Interesting interview here.
                          The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

So nobody ever dynotested, I assume. Did anybody see official paperworks showing the amount of hp of a C8 ?
                            Maybe the kg/hp for the C8 could change then ?
                            I assume the B6 will officially get 375 hp as said by Spyker, having a 300 hp VW Passat
                            under it's plastic, sorry, peautifull body.
                            Put off your sunglasses, good night, guys ... .

Comment

So nobody ever dynotested, I assume. Did anybody see official paperworks showing the amount of hp of a C8 ?
                              Maybe the kg/hp for the C8 could change then ?
                              I assume the B6 will officially get 375 hp as said by Spyker, having a 300 hp VW Passat
                              under it's plastic, sorry, peautifull body.
                              Put off your sunglasses, good night, guys ... .

Comment

Working...
                              X