No announcement yet.

#253 (C8 Aileron) / XL9BA12G39Z363253 / The Netherlands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

During our factory visit Hans van Renes showed us some update on the exhaust system. They were looking for the best "Spyker" sound. I'm not a technician but Hans showed us some sort of metal exhaust box on the left and right rear of the car...they are probably testing this..?!

Comment

Originally posted by Spyker 007 View Post
      I sat in #253 about three weeks ago. It was then audi powered.
      How was it?
      The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Spotted abroad
        + YouTube Video
        ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I noticed different wheels, first time I've seen those. Also, the ventilation holes in the back wind shield can be seen clearly. The interior looks the same, although there is lots of electronics in it. The car is missing it's exhaust tips and just like the typical Spyker sound. One of the added white leds on the back is missing. And one towing hook hole is added at the front.

Comment

I like the new wheels, though they look an awful lot like the regular turbine wheels without the hubcaps on them :P. I also like one of the comments below: "Wasn't Spyker bought by Saab or Volvo?" hahaha

Comment

The car is missing it's exhaust tips and just like the typical Spyker sound.
            The fact that the exhaust tips are missing doesn't change the way the exhaust sounds. Those tips are just for show and have no other purpose.

So we can only guess why the sound of the exhaust/engine is different.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Jaguar View Post
              The fact that the exhaust tips are missing doesn't change the way the exhaust sounds. Those tips are just for show and have no other purpose.

So we can only guess why the sound of the exhaust/engine is different.
              I know, the exhaust tips and the typical Spyker sound is missing. I'm not saying the first one causes the second one. I know Spyker has been testing different set-ups to get the typical Spyker sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddingius View Post
                I like the new wheels, though they look an awful lot like the regular turbine wheels without the hubcaps on them :P. I also like one of the comments below: "Wasn't Spyker bought by Saab or Volvo?" hahaha
                That's actually a good point: maybe these wheels are the base that Spyker uses to create the Rotorblade™ wheels..

Comment

Well at first I thought that's what they were, but the spokes on this testcar are narrow and straight, they don't have the rotorblade curve in them. So eventhough they look very much alike they are actually different wheels.

Last edited by Reddingius; 06-08-2010, 13:36.

Comment

Yes exactly, but Spyker could use those 'bare' straight wheels, and add some metal in order to create the rotorblade shape. The Rotorblade™ wheel is in essence the straight wheel with flaps added in one direction on all the spokes, I think.

Apart from the added material the wheel is exactly the same (size, amount of bolts, etc.) as well.

Comment

This could als be the wheel thats going to be used in races on the Aileron GT2R...?!?

Comment

I don't think so, the racing wheels are wider and lighter and have different bolts I think, maybe even a differnt diameter. Nor do I think they would have added material to make the turbine wheels, that seems like an unnecessary and laborious thing to do. but hey, maybe :P

Comment

Racing wheel have only one central wheelnut.

Comment

Some photos ended up on autogespot.com. Let's have a better look:

- I noticed some extra 'gills' at the rear. In comparison with #250

253 (4).jpg 250 (5).jpg

- I still think the type of wheels on #253 are modified to make the Rotorblades, but I'm not sure!

253 (6) edited.jpg 255 (3).jpg

- A nice interior shot (in comparison to #250). The cross-bar seems to have a different shape in #253, but it could be an illusion.

253 (5) edited.jpg 250 (6) interior.jpg

Comment

It indeed looks like Spyker is still developing the Aileron altough they said the car that was shown in Geneve was the production version :S

I also saw a picture of an Aileron with openings in the rear window (just like the Laviolette).

Does anybody know if CPP already produced an Aileron for a customer?

PS The wheels are just for testing I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Jaguar View Post
                                I also saw a picture of an Aileron with openings in the rear window (just like the Laviolette).
                                Yes, same car. See: here.

Does anybody know if CPP already produced an Aileron for a customer?
                                I don't think so, but maybe F spider knows the exact answer.

Comment

Working...
                                X