Official Spyker Owner Forum
 

Go Back   Official Spyker Owner Forum > Spyker Enthusiasts - Public Forum > Spyker Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 31-12-2017, 21:11
Sandy Eggo Sandy Eggo is offline
Spyker Owner #153
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Encinitas, CA
Posts: 216
Dash clock calibration

Has anyone else had the hour hand on their dashboard clock get out of calibration?

I know how to change the time...not talking about that. What I mean: for example, if I set the minutes at the top of the hour, the hour hand is not on the selected hour - it's usually about a quarter of an hour "off" in terms of where it's pointing.

How can I get the hour hand calibrated or re-zeroed if you will? Hope this makes sense, I can add a picture later if need be.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-01-2018, 00:50
mrobin33 mrobin33 is offline
Spyker Owner #138
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Eggo View Post
Has anyone else had the hour hand on their dashboard clock get out of calibration?

I know how to change the time...not talking about that. What I mean: for example, if I set the minutes at the top of the hour, the hour hand is not on the selected hour - it's usually about a quarter of an hour "off" in terms of where it's pointing.

How can I get the hour hand calibrated or re-zeroed if you will? Hope this makes sense, I can add a picture later if need be.
Yes mine has that 'feature' as well. I thought mine must have been a special order option, but if you have it as well maybe it was standard fitment. If you find a way to fix it let me know!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-01-2018, 02:16
F Spider's Avatar
F Spider F Spider is offline
Former Spyker Owner # 107 and #207
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New York, Amsterdam
Posts: 6,552
When I adjust the time, I have to turn the minute hand twice around to change one hour. Do you have that too?
__________________
Rijk

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-01-2018, 18:22
Jasperdd Jasperdd is offline
Spyker Owner #003 #008 #012 #013 #055 & #253
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 331
I have checked the Factory specifications of Siemens VDO and there is no possibility to calibrate the clock.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-01-2018, 05:48
Sandy Eggo Sandy Eggo is offline
Spyker Owner #153
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Encinitas, CA
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrobin33 View Post
Yes mine has that 'feature' as well. I thought mine must have been a special order option, but if you have it as well maybe it was standard fitment. If you find a way to fix it let me know!
Sounds like I have to just live with it - which is not the end of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F Spider View Post
When I adjust the time, I have to turn the minute hand twice around to change one hour. Do you have that too?
Now that you mention it, yes I do think mine behaves this way as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasperdd View Post
I have checked the Factory specifications of Siemens VDO and there is no possibility to calibrate the clock.
Thanks for the definitive answer (and the PM). I will learn to consider it a "feature" because replacing it sounds like eventually it ends up failing again.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.