New Article today in Canada First Drive: Spyker C8 Spyder

Comment

Nice article
        Rijk

Comment

The "Dutch demon" . . . I like it!
          With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

New article (methinks!)...also nice to see that Empire One is keeping a Aileron Coupe in its stable for members to try (and hopefully buy)!

http://www.auto123.com/en/news/car-n...&artid=111985#

Comment

A bit of a commercial for Empire one, good thing though that they intend to get one!

Comment

Driven: 2010 Spyker C8 Aileron

Comment

Originally posted by AX lover View Post
                  Same session I guess

Taking Flight in the 2010 Spyker C8 Aileron

Nice pictures

Comment

Nice article! I really do think this is the best looking Aileron at the moment, really nice color combination !
                    Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

• Spyker and BMW

Nieuwe modellen Spyker mogelijk met BMW-motoren - Autonieuws - Telegraaf.nl [24 uur actueel, ook mobiel] [Autotelegraaf]

Dutchdude
                      Spykerowner #141
                      sigpic

Comment

• That's a surprise.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
                          That's a surprise.
                          And a very pleasant one !
                          Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

• I'll try to translate that interesting little article:

----------------------
                            NEW SPYKER MODELS POSSIBLY POWERED BY BMW ENGINES

AMSTERDAM - It isn't yet certain if Spyker have made a deal witch General motors concerning the supply of engines. That is what Autovisie states in their latest issue. According to the usually very well informed magasine Spyker is also negociating with BMW!

During the IAA carshow in Frankfurt last September, De Telegraaf cought Spyker-exec Victor Muller in conversation with a high-ranking BMW employee in a private part of the BMW stand. Muller was then quoted to be talking to numerous supplyers in order to exchange opinions and experiences.

According to Autovisie, Spyker is considering using the 4,4 litre V8 bi-turbo engine out of the X5 M and X6 M for their own SUV and sportscars. In the German leviathans the engine puts out 550 bhp and 680 N.m. In the Beemers the engine is mated to an automatic six speed trasmission. Autovisie says that BMW is normally not very willing to supply their engines to third parties, but at least they are not holding off Spyker.

The Dutch car builder has been looking for a replacement for their current drivetrain for a few years now. It was generally assumed that the deal with General Motors was a done one, which is no surprise since according to Autoblog one of their SUV prototypes is fitted with the engine out of a Cadillac CTS-V. Up till now Spyker has been using VW/Audi engines, but can't obtain the transmission that typically goes along with it. Spyker has Co-developer Porsche to thank for that.
                            ------------------------

Well... Although the development of the D8 and the revised Aileron will take a lot longer still this way, I think it's a very positive development. I personally like the advanced BMW engines more than the old-fashioned pushrod GM V8's. If they can convince BMW to sell them their engines though, but Wiesmann pulled that one off too.

Btw I hope my translation makes enough sense for you guys to understand it.

Comment

• For the Dutchies amongst us: the LM85 is featured in the latest edition of the car magazine 'Autovisie'.

Comment

• If this is true it will delay the development of the D8 with at least 6 to 9 months. And all the money that is spend on R&D to fit the GM V8 is wasted.

Does Spyker/Snoras have enough money (and time) to make such a decission? When they want to change to BMW in the long run it might be a good idea.

So they bring the D8 to the market with a GM V8 and after 2 years they introduce BMW engines into the D8 and C8 Aileron.

Comment

Working...
                                X