No announcement yet.

"The Global Resurgence Of Spyker"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... where on earth was this photo taken? Doesn't look like The Netherlands, nor near Geneva, and the car appears to be moving ... So far, Spyker concepts were empty body shells... is this a mocked up Aileron?

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
      ... where on earth was this photo taken? Doesn't look like The Netherlands, nor near Geneva, and the car appears to be moving ... So far, Spyker concepts were empty body shells... is this a mocked up Aileron?
      Don't know where the scenery is located but I was wondering whether or not the Spyker is a computer generated image...
      The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

... right! If the shadow of the Spyker tells us where the sun is, then I would expect shadows of the trees (left) on the road. They are entirely missing. It's a fake then. Makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
          Engine supplier is not specified but the WSJ considers Lotus.
          Lotus doesn't make engines. They use the Toyota V6.

The Jaguar F type come with a 375 bhp supercharged V6 though

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
            Lotus doesn't make engines. They use the Toyota V6.
            I didn't say Lotus is making them.

Comment

Fixed.

Comment

Mmmmm....is this à real picture of the B6?

Comment

I'm very interested in the looks of the back.

The split grill combined with the fighter plane theme reminds me of a MiG-15:

Last edited by IVR007; 03-03-2013, 01:08.

Comment

I reckon this will be a re-bodied Lotus Evora. But I have to say I quite like the design. It's a bit less over the top than the Aileron in terms of scoops and what have yous. The fact that the body is in CF helps keep the weight down which I like, all in all it almost seems like the wishes I expressed in another topic on SO were granted!

Comment

... the Lotus Evora is a 2+2 seater. Nicely designed body. And probably half the price as compared to the B6. I wonder if the Spyker would be competitive...

Jeremy Clarkson commented on the Evora: "...the only car I've ever driven, ever, which is a killer attack dog and an old sofa". :lol:

Comment

The Evora drives very well, I've handled it on the track.

I am fascinated, because the weight appears very low indeed, much less than the Evora. Should be a real performer!

Can't wait for more!
                        With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Originally posted by netburner View Post
                          Any special pictures I should take? Will be around in Geneva at both press days.
                          Nice article
                          Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Thank you.

There are some rumors that the B6 might be based on the sadly disappeared Artega GT. I will have a look at everything visible, maybe we will recognize any details.

Comment

Originally posted by netburner View Post
                              Thank you.

There are some rumors that the B6 might be based on the sadly disappeared Artega GT. I will have a look at everything visible, maybe we will recognize any details.
                              Door handle and mirrors seem to be the same... It also featured a V6, aluminium chassis and had carbon reinforced plastic body panels...

Comment

Re-bodied Evora makes sense, doesn't it? Spyker had an arrangement with them previously. Would be easy to put together that deal.

If you can see that the windshield and the major bits are Evora pieces that will help bring it to market quickly, as far as certifications?

Would wait to see more picutres, but the grille is a bit disproportionate for me, and I'm not sure about the splitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X