Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D12 Peking to Paris

So how many D12's have been made?

I am not sure, but comparing photos from where it is attending shows, it looks like it has different colours. Hence a possiblity that there are then just one example. However, the photo-ruining lighting at these shows might be the cause of having the vehicle appear in different colour nuances.

I believe it is just one prototype at the moment, but I could be wrong though. I have seen the D12 at a motorshow (wondering if it was in Paris, Amsterdam or Frankfurt ...) and I saw it at the factory in July this year.

Comment

Just did some more browsing and when the D12 first was shown to the public at Pebble Beach in August 2006 (I believe that was the first time), it was black with a light sand-coloured interior.
      In January 2007 it was spotted at the factory still in that condition, as well as at the AutoRai 2007 in the Netherlands.

The one displayed at shows after that, the latest being the LA Auto Show 2007, has a darksilver metallic colour and a (very nice shade of) red interior.

So:
      a) A repaint and refitting of the interior leather?
      b) Two different chassis?

I'm really not sure what is most likely. A repaint and refit is somewhat costly, but nothing compared to building a whole new 2nd one. Was there money for that in the first quarter of this year?
      Last edited by bucciali; 25-10-2009, 22:37.

Comment

There are two P2P's. As far as I know, the black one has a VW Tuareg chassis and the Tungsten silver one has the first custom aluminum chassis and an orange leather interior.

Development of the car is not going as fast as they want. The first production P2P is scheduled for late 2008. Last I heard, the sale price before taxes was something like $275K. However, with the continuous falling Dollar, this might not be the case any more.
        Rijk

Comment

Thanks for the clarification, F-Spider!

You are right, it's an orange interior. I like it.

A real pity that this year's turbulence has slowed down development of the car. Interest was really big, apparently, and the money made on the P2P would have helped to finance the D12 Zagato. Or at least that's what I understood.

Comment

I'm sure this MUST be the most exclusive "SUV" in the world right? I kind of see this as a successor to the Lamborghini LM2. That was the most exclusive SUV back in the eighties.
            ______

Mel

Comment

Here's me in the most exclusive SUV in the world at the Geneva show.
              Attached Files
              In order to create objects of timeless beauty, one must respect the past, enjoy the present and look with enthusiasm into the future. www.michielvandenbrink.com

Comment

Originally posted by Michiel Mobiel View Post
                Here's me in the most exclusive SUV in the world at the Geneva show.
                Michiel,

You seemed to have enjoyed yourself there
                ______

Mel

Comment

Anyone can tell me when production will start of the P2P? Just spoke to my friend in LA and he is getting number #1. Asked me to visit the factory when it's being produced.
                  http://www.autogespot.com

Comment

I guess that Spyker will have to make multiple #1 P2P's. Too many people claim to get the first one.
                    Rijk

Comment

That's a fact

He was also hoping that the Zagato is going to be produced.. But chances are small..

Comment

Boink,

If your friend has ordered a Spyker he can register as a Spyker-Owner and have access to the private part of this forum.
                        Rijk

Comment

He already owns a C8 Spyder in Silver. Will ask him if he wants to register here, but he is very busy at the moment.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                            I guess that Spyker will have to make multiple #1 P2P's. Too many people claim to get the first one.
                            Maybe they'll all be slightly different - so in a way will all be firsts

Comment

Did you know that I have the first Spyker C8 Spyder?:lol::lol::lol:
                              Rijk

Comment

Working...
                              X