Design Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Design Details

Driving the Spyker around, I'm constantly reminded about how many design decisions you have to make if you want to put a special car together. It's just mind boggling. I especially like the Do-UnDo wheelnut.
    Attached Files
    Rijk

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
    Driving the Spyker around, I'm constantly reminded about how many design decisions you have to make if you want to put a special car together. It's just mind boggling. I especially like the Do-UnDo wheelnut.
    Indeed; very

Comment

Rijk,

Maybe a strange question, but what does a Do-UnDo wheelnut mean? Does it work the same as in F1 e.g. a central wheelnut that holds the tyre or is there something "behind" the wheelnut and does it work like a cover?

I guess it's the first, as it resembles a F1 wheelnut very much.
      ______

Mel

Comment

And an additional question: when it actually is a single wheel nut which I expect it is, how on earth can you release it? Does the Spyker have a tool on board to release the wheel nut?

Comment

Although I think it does look I also thought that single wheel nuts were frowned upon for road use; as if it fails or hasn't been put on correctly the whole wheel will come off whereas on a 4 nut system the 3 remaining ones will probably stay on until you manage to stop.

Comment

I have seen some pictures somewhere of the Duo-Penotti Double 12 S in France, that had a big tool for the Do-Undo wheelnut.

come to think of it, I believe there is a small toolkit in the front??

Comment

Once a nagging question is in your head, you better try and find the answer directly.....

..so I scanned my HD and here are the pics. Courtesy of fqogil, the French Vector-fan on Supercarfrance.com.

The toolkit

Don't see a spot for the wheelnut socket though

The wheelnut ????

How do you call this thing? Is it a socket?

Comment

Makes me think of the wheelnut of a Jaguar XJ220 and Testarossa, wich also need to be released with a very long pole.

Nice to see some pics Pieter!
                Digi-Shape Auto Fotografie
                Digi-Shape Auto Posters

Comment

Originally posted by bucciali View Post

How do you call this thing? Is it a socket?
                  Yes - it's a socket

Comment

I did not have one of these sockets, and it is not part of the standard toolkit. You just get a "fix-a-flat" spray can. From the time that I had a Ferrari Daytona, I still have one of those long torque arm wrenches for the three eared spinner-lognuts. I guess I should get one of these sockets to fit that arm.
                    Rijk

Comment

Or I can get of these F1 air-guns, for a four second tire change.
                      Rijk

Comment

Or I can get of these F1 air-guns, for a four second tire change.
                        :lol: :lol:

By the way Rijk, do you have the same toolkit as shown in these pictures? It shows the tire repair spray.
                        ______

Mel

Comment

Yes, it's the same, but I'm missing the flashlight.
                          Attached Files
                          Rijk

Comment

I was wrong. The socket is in the car after all. It's that "thing" attached to the suspension bracket, above the toolbox. Now I still need to have an torque arm made (maybe the one I have from the Daytona can be adapted).
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by F Spider; 16-12-2007, 19:02.
                            Rijk

Comment

I was wrong. The socket is in the car after all. It's that "thing" attached to the suspension bracket, above the toolbox. Now I still need to have an torque arm made (maybe the one I have from the Daytona can be adapted.

Comment

Working...
                              X