2008 Cayenne Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Cayenne Turbo

Does anyone on this forum have a 2008 Cayenne Turbo?

We had a 2004 Turbo, and last year it got replaced with the new direct injection 2008 Turbo. It is supposed to have 50 extra HP, but I cannot shake the feeling that it is slower (more sluggish) than the old model

Anybody else have this problem?
    Rijk

Brett also has 2008 Cayenne Turbo.

Comment

Hi Rijk,

Yes, I have an 2008, having traded in an 03 Cayenne Turbo in January. I had that one chipped to 500hp, so a direct comparison is a little tougher, but there is no question that my 2008 is a markedly stronger performer. I'd say you're due for a thorough exploration by your dealer of why your engine is down on power. I had the engine in the 2003 rebuilt at one point by the dealer, attempting to solve unintended acceleration issues (a la Audi), and they really were unable to solve the problem. They put me in the 2008 at cost to compensate me for the problems in the 03. It was a very early first year of production model.

Brett

Comment

I think that the direct injection suffers under the New York City use. My wife has a lot of meetings in the City and she uses a driver to take her from address to address, so that she does not have to bother with parking.

However, that makes for a lot of idling time with the airco running. After one year, the average speed of the Cayenne Turbo was a paltry 14MPH, including all the fast trips upstate.
        Rijk

Comment

They hooked the Cayenne up to the computer, but there is no fault reading, "so there is nothing they can do"
          Rijk

Comment

Dealership

Rijk,

Two thoughts:

1) Have you had it diagnosed at a dealer other than where you bought it, or an independent Porsche center? Your dealer has a vested interest in not finding a problem.

2) Have you elevated your concerns to PCNA? They will assign a customer service rep. They ultimately denied my claim until I retained a lawyer, but I had to go through channels regardless to get results.

Ok, three thoughts. When you engage Sport mode, how does the Cayenne perform? I think it runs about 450 in normal mode, and the full 500 once Sport is engaged. I recall test driving two 2007s before I got my 08, and one drove vastly differently than the other. The issue was gearing, in my subjective view. Tip in resulted in immediate acceleration, in one, as in my 08, whereas the other would hesitate or hiccup, as if it were starting in 2nd gear. Take a new one for a test drive, and see how yours compares.

Brett

Comment

Working...
            X