Spyker Models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spyker Models

Firstly may i thank you for creating this great forum.

I have been working in the U.K. on a project for a few years now with Spyker to produce very exclusive 1:8 scale fine art models. to see some of my other work and the details on these new models please have a look at.

Spyker Models Home

I hope i can add a few interesting articles here in the future. i will also keep you all posted on the official launch for these " 1:8 " scale models later this year. and the launch of the spykermodels.com website i own which will be going live in the next month or so. this will be similar to Spyker's own website how ever you will need passwords etc. to see everything.

Jim,

Welcome to the site. We like to have "insiders" contribute.

Is the scale of the C8 1:8 or 1:18?
    Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
      Jim,

Welcome to the site. We like to have "insiders" contribute.

Is the scale of the C8 1:8 or 1:18?

Thanks its a pleasure

I have been folowing the company success since the first car 001 was shown to the public in the U.K.

My Spyker models are being created in 1:8 scale so nearly over 50cm long.
      with Full Detail! so far there has been well over 3000 hours of development, hith some great help from the factory, i hope to have the first few models launched in July at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the U.K. this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Speed View Post
        Thanks its a pleasure

I have been folowing the company success since the first car 001 was shown to the public in the U.K.

My Spyker models are being created in 1:8 scale so nearly over 50cm long.
        with Full Detail! so far there has been well over 3000 hours of development, hith some great help from the factory, i hope to have the first few models launched in July at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the U.K. this year.
        With 3000 hours of development, this must be a very expensive model. How big is the series you expect to built?
        Rijk

Comment

Awesome!! Please post updates when available! And pics of course

Comment

With 3000 hours of development, this must be a very expensive model. How big is the series you expect to built?
            One of the other models on the website Spyker Models Home is limited to 50, so maybe the Spyker 1:8 model is limited to 50 as well?

The most expensive model on the website is 3500 GBP. That's about €5250 and that's sbout $8000. I reckon the Spyker model will be near that figure...
            Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Thanks for the intrest guys

So far i am still in the development stages with the models. They shall be available direct from Spyker after the launch later this year. and i will be able to produce exact copies of each chassis created so paint and trim, and any other bespoke details such as different seat belts, steering wheels,instruments wheels brakes etc.

They an unlimited edition. but in reality i shall not be building models for the public. As each model will have a chassis number and this will be the same as the real car.

At the moment i have the Karmhann bodies but i am working on the early British built bodies too.

As for the price they will not be cheap but the all best things in life aren't are they. but i am always very fair and put a lot of my heart and soul in my work.

Jim

Comment

Sounds magnificent I'm looking forward to the launch.

Comment

Any progress report?

Any progress pictures?
                  Rijk

Comment

Any progress report?

Any progress pictures?

Hi guys sorry for the delays but i am ever so busy at the moment at the studio and with some full size cars..

The C8 models are coming on nicely and i am on to some of the final few pieces. but i have to collect further data from the factory this month to get some of the major engine details correct.

i will post some teaser pictures here in the next couple weeks.

I am now aiming for the Le Mans race at Silverstone later in the year for a launch.

Comment

well, i'd love to buy one, but i think i'm not rich enough

And the car looks great! good job!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Speed View Post
                        Hi guys sorry for the delays but i am ever so busy at the moment at the studio and with some full size cars..

The C8 models are coming on nicely and i am on to some of the final few pieces. but i have to collect further data from the factory this month to get some of the major engine details correct.

i will post some teaser pictures here in the next couple weeks.

I am now aiming for the Le Mans race at Silverstone later in the year for a launch.
                        Hi Jim Speed,

Any updates on the 1:8 model?

We're still very curious!!!

Jeffrey

Ps. Bas, what is your insight to pictures of the model??

Comment

Hi Jim,

How it stands with your model? Properly you can post some photo's of it, because I'm very curious about your model.

Comment

@Hans (SpykerOwner)

Is Jim Speed still active on the SpykerOwner forum? Last activity?

Just curious....

Jeffrey

Comment

Originally posted by Spyker 007 View Post
                              @Hans (SpykerOwner)Is Jim Speed still active on the SpykerOwner forum? Last activity?Just curious....Jeffrey
                              Last Activity: 18-11-2008 16:45 (Spyker Owner Forum - View Profile: Jim Speed)
                              Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Working...
                              X