No announcement yet.

Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 advice, donīt forget to close the door before you fasten the seatbelts. This year I had the chance to drive a Challenge Stradale and this was something I forgot to do. You are nailed to the seat so itīs impossible to bend over and close the door

But looks great, this is how itīs meant to be!
    Digi-Shape Auto Fotografie
    Digi-Shape Auto Posters

Comment

Pterps,

I had the same thought. In the Elise I had precisely the same problem. However, to my surprise, you can reach everything in the Spyker and then it dawned on me. The Interior is designed for use with four point seat belts. Everything is in perfect reach, and still nothing feels cramped.
      Rijk

Comment

Not entirely true. I bet you can't reach the key

Comment

Hans,

You are right. That is the only thing you need to think about in advance.
          Rijk

Comment

Is the starting procedure still the same? First pull the switch and last but not least push the button?

Peter
            Last edited by pterps; 03-12-2007, 07:02.
            Digi-Shape Auto Fotografie
            Digi-Shape Auto Posters

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
              Not entirely true. I bet you can't reach the key
              Originally posted by F Spider View Post
              Hans,

You are right. That is the only thing you need to think about in advance.
              So where do you have to put the key???

(no rude comments please)

Comment

There is a traditional Audi key hidden in the glove compartment. Because there is no visible plastic in the interior, and especially with something as banal as a standard key, they had to find another solution.

I wonder if you can operate that with the key fob. I guess I need to read the manual after all.
                Rijk

Comment

I guess I need to read the manual after all.
                  Indeed

Comment

This weekend we (read Tom) will install the steering wheel. My only concern is the airbag in the standard steering wheel. We don't want to set it off and kill Tom in the process.
                    I thought the upholstered Lotus steeringwheel did not contain an airbag.
                    It was chosen because the propellor steeringwheel did not meet safetyregulations in combination with the three point seatbelts.
                    In order to create objects of timeless beauty, one must respect the past, enjoy the present and look with enthusiasm into the future. www.michielvandenbrink.com

Comment

Pterps,

I had the same thought. In the Elise I had precisely the same problem. However, to my surprise, you can reach everything in the Spyker and then it dawned on me. The Interior is designed for use with four point seat belts. Everything is in perfect reach, and still nothing feels cramped.

It looks fantastic

Comment

After 4 hours of work from Tom and me standing by and helping him for an average of 4 minutes, he exchanged the steering wheel and the seat belts into what the car was meant to be. See also my post under the #107 register.
                        Rijk,

Now your Spyker is finally complete CONGRATULATIONS!
                        ______

Mel

Comment

Actually, I only have one suitcase and only one key-fob (Remember, it's not new, it's the US press car, so some parts have mysteriously gone missing). Once I have the missing pieces, the car is complete.
                          Rijk

Comment

After 4 hours of work from Tom and me standing by and helping him for an average of 4 minutes, he exchanged the steering wheel and the seat belts into what the car was meant to be. See also my post under the #107 register.
                            That is outstanding! I have the wheel on the way but since I decided not to track this one I opted out for the four point. I caution every Spyker owner to sit in a car with the four point before you do it. It is a safer ride but it does come at a cost.

I LOVE how that looks guys. great work.

Comment

Actually, I only have one suitcase and only one key-fob (Remember, it's not new, it's the US press car, so some parts have mysteriously gone missing). Once I have the missing pieces, the car is complete.
                              Don't forget the Louis Vuitton package!

Comment

The Louis Vuitton luggage is a $25K option. I settle for the standard set of two color coded suitcases.
                                Rijk

Comment

Working...
                                X