Official Spyker Owner Forum

Go Back   Official Spyker Owner Forum > Spyker Enthusiasts - Public Forum > Cars and other Toys

Old 16-05-2008, 23:26
Past #107 #207 Future #307

Good that you are not coming this weekend.

http://sirocco.accuweather.com/nx_mo.../inmSIRNY_.gif

Last edited by F Spider; 16-05-2008 at 23:32.
Old 22-05-2008, 18:56
Spyker Enthusiast

The new 430 looks great Rijk, I love those wheels!

I drove a 360 Modena last Sunday, I just love that car, completely diffrent from the Challenge Stradale and spyder with f1 box I have driven before because this was a manual version. I hope to get to drive a 430 in future, the 360 is already such a powerfull car, let alone a 430 with 90 more horses.

Hans enjoy the testdrive!

Peter
Old 22-05-2008, 22:05
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pterps View Post
Hans enjoy the testdrive!
Thanks. I know I will
Old 25-05-2008, 11:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by pterps View Post
I drove a 360 Modena last Sunday, I just love that car, completely diffrent from the Challenge Stradale and spyder with f1 box I have driven before because this was a manual version. I hope to get to drive a 430 in future, the 360 is already such a powerfull car, let alone a 430 with 90 more horses.
The 430 is a totally different car from the 360. Power, steering, changing gear, handling and the huge Carbon Ceramic brakes just are awesome.

Old 25-05-2008, 11:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by F Spider View Post
Good that you are not coming this weekend.

http://sirocco.accuweather.com/nx_mo.../inmSIRNY_.gif
Well, that link dindn't work

It showed a huge area of heavy rain. The leftover of one of those tornado ridden storms that have been hammering the mid section of the US.

Old 25-05-2008, 11:50
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by F Spider View Post
Well, that link dindn't work
The link worked last week.
Old 06-06-2008, 22:30
Administrator

Last weekend I had the opportunity to drive Rijk's F430 Spider. A lot

And boy what a difference with the F360! Like Rijk I am a purist when it comes to driving. The less aids, the more fun. That's why I like the Spyker so much.

And when it comes to the F430 my expectations were not extremely high. Look at the facts and you know it corners better than an F360, it is faster than an F360 and it brakes a lot better than an F360.

Why weren't my expectations high than, you might wonder? The answer is simple: I was afraid the new Ferrari was too good to be enjoyed on public roads. If you improve everything, the limits of the car are further away. And that is good on a track, but not good for the adrenaline on a public road.

But how wrong was I! The car has indeed improved a lot, but with the new exhaust (amazing sound thanks to the bypass of the backbox when you speed up), the ceramic brakes (so perfect for precision braking) and the race mode is just too good to be true! What a joy. My compliments go to Ferrari for the end result. The F430 has improved a lot and they managed to give the entertainment factor a big boost. And my compliments for Rijk's taste: he has ordered the right color combination and all the important options, from the red stitching on the black seats to the challenge grille and ceramic brakes.

Bottom line is that I am really impressed with this Ferrari and I really, utterly, love the F430....

... but when I have to choose, I still prefer the Spyker.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT0183.jpg (178.2 KB, 10 views)
Old 07-06-2008, 22:31
Spyker Enthusiast

Hans, but look at it this way: you only have to choose which car you'd like to drive . "Is it a Ferrari-day or a Spyker-day".

Great to see you really enjoyed this trip......and great to see you appreciate Rijk's choice

Mel
Old 07-06-2008, 23:39
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Bonkers View Post
.. you only have to choose which car you'd like to drive . "Is it a Ferrari-day or a Spyker-day".
That is actually one of the good things. The Ferrari is so different compared to the Spyker. And yet both have an extremely high entertainment factor. Because they differ so much it makes sense to own both.
Old 11-06-2008, 20:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpykerOwner View Post
Last weekend I had the opportunity to drive Rijk's F430 Spider. A lot

And boy what a difference with the F360! Like Rijk I am a purist when it comes to driving. The less aids, the more fun. That's why I like the Spyker so much.

And when it comes to the F430 my expectations were not extremely high. Look at the facts and you know it corners better than an F360, it is faster than an F360 and it brakes a lot better than an F360.

Why weren't my expectations high than, you might wonder? The answer is simple: I was afraid the new Ferrari was too good to be enjoyed on public roads. If you improve everything, the limits of the car are further away. And that is good on a track, but not good for the adrenaline on a public road.

But how wrong was I! The car has indeed improved a lot, but with the new exhaust (amazing sound thanks to the bypass of the backbox when you speed up), the ceramic brakes (so perfect for precision braking) and the race mode is just too good to be true! What a joy. My compliments go to Ferrari for the end result. The F430 has improved a lot and they managed to give the entertainment factor a big boost. And my compliments for Rijk's taste: he has ordered the right color combination and all the important options, from the red stitching on the black seats to the challenge grille and ceramic brakes.

Bottom line is that I am really impressed with this Ferrari and I really, utterly, love the F430....

... but when I have to choose, I still prefer the Spyker.
I could not have said it better myself