Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today I visited the Spyker factory (THANX RIJK!!!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I visited the Spyker factory (THANX RIJK!!!!!)

Today I got a "guided tour" at the Spyker Headquarters! Victor Muller himself explained the work at the headquarters and showed us the racing department where the GTR cars are prepared, the specials department where Spykers are made according to special customers requests, the engine department where the engines are built and tested. It was simply AWESOME!

And then we went to the factory where the "normal" Spykers are produced. In the factory I saw more than 10 Spykers being assembled at the moment and some couple more that were finished and waiting to pass quality inspection. Everything about the Spyker products and the Spyker factory "oozes" quality, detail and craftsmanship. It's unbelievable what the guys at Spyker are doing. Really!

Thanks to Victor for the personal tour and the passionate way of how he tells about Spykercars. It's fascinating!

Rijk, thanx a thousand times for organizing the tour! This was simply brilliant and I will treasure this for a LONG LONG TIME!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mel Bonkers; 13-12-2007, 22:43.
    ______

Mel

And here are more photos!

And here are some more photos!!!!!
    Attached Files
    ______

Mel

Comment

Mel, great you got to visit the factory!!

and thanks for sharing the pictures with us.

I hope I can make it out there soon too, when I'm back in Holland again.

Nice to see another white Spyker. I really really like them.

And Pterps was right: there is another orange one in the making!

Comment

Looks a great day out Mel

Comment

Looks like you had a great time Mel! Good to see several Spykers being produced. Not only Spyders but Laviolettes as well. Excellent!

Comment

There were actually a lot of Laviolettes. Almost half of the new cars. The Florida dealer, who was also present at the factory, is only ordering the glass-roof coupe version. He thinks that in the Florida climate, you need a n enclosed air-conditioned car. He was picking a number of color combinations to pre-order for his dealership.
            Rijk

Comment

Mel,

You are very welcome. It was good that Peter was taking care of the Florida dealer, so that you could get the full tour from Victor himself.

Accidently we did get to hear some classified stuff, but we are tight lipped.
              Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                There were actually a lot of Laviolettes. Almost half of the new cars. The Florida dealer, who was also present at the factory, is only ordering the glass-roof coupe version. He thinks that in the Florida climate, you need a n enclosed air-conditioned car. He was picking a number of color combinations to pre-order for his dealership.
                Can you say how many he was ordering

Comment

Even though I wasn't at Spyker cars today I had a fabulous day as well. Simply because a very important person really liked the design of this Spyker forum. Even though I didn't receive the compliment directly (Rijk passed the compliments), it really means a lot to me.

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
                    Even though I wasn't at Spyker cars today I had a fabulous day as well. Simply because a very important person really liked the design of this Spyker forum. Even though I didn't receive the compliment directly (Rijk passed the compliments), it really means a lot to me.
                    Good stuff

Comment

Always nice to have a tour at Spyker, I experienced it several times. I passed the factory a few days ago and now it's confirmed that there is another orange spyker in production. Things changed a lot since the last time I visited the factory!
                      Digi-Shape Auto Fotografie
                      Digi-Shape Auto Posters

Comment

Awesome that you got to visit the factory and even more that you got the tour from mr. Muller!! Congratulations on the experience

Nice pics too

Comment

The Florida dealer was picking 5 or 6 cars, but only Laviolettes. He was very picky about the details. He did not like the rivets below the trunk. He was worried that the people that would buy a Spyker would think that the car was a kit-car. Victor promised him to finish the cars he selected in stainless steel. Now, that is taking care of your customers.
                          Rijk

Comment

In June as well as in August 2008, I will visit the factory with a few people. Maybe there is some interest to have a Forum Gathering at the factory.
                            Rijk

Comment

Count me in

Comment

Working...
                              X