#038 - C8 Spyder - Jet Black / Saddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #038 - C8 Spyder - Jet Black / Saddle

Edit: I posted photographs of the wrong car, so I removed these and changed the Title.
    Last edited by Laviolette GT2R; 11-07-2010, 09:37.
    Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

038 was my first car and I can tell you that this is NOT it. Mine was NOT a wide body and came with the hard top. The interior is also the wrong color...

Dan
    Last edited by F Spider; 14-03-2023, 01:00.

Comment

image_3916.jpg image_3917.jpg image_3918.jpg image_3919.jpg C8 Spyder Black/Tan *XL9AA11G24Z363038*

C8 Spyder Black/Tan *XL9AA11G24Z363038*

This car is currently at Speedy Garage. As Dan says its not the one pictured in the first post.
      Last edited by F Spider; 14-03-2023, 01:00.

Comment

Whatever happened to the fastback convertible top? It's so much better looking than the current top. Let's be honest, there's a reason most Spyders are photographed with the top down...
        Last edited by F Spider; 14-03-2023, 01:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattjs33 View Post
          Let's be honest, there's a reason most Spyders are photographed with the top down...
          true true
          The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Because everybody wants to feel the wind their hair. And the softtop is a pain the a$$ to operate

Comment

Ha! You're probably right!

But seriously, what happened to the old top? Was it too hard to manufacture?

Comment

Dan's post in this thread (post #2) and Wouter's visit to Speedy prove that the car I mentioned in post #1 is clearly not #038. I will look into it and if I manage to find the proper VIN of this Spyder I will make a new thread.

However the car Wouter spotted at Speedy and posted pictures of in post #3 of this thread clearly is #038. I think it is best that this car gets it's own #038 thread, because nobody will find it in this #0?? - C8 Spyder Black / Black thread.

That will make this thread absolete I guess, so as far as I'm concerned it can be deleted by the administrator...
                Last edited by F Spider; 14-03-2023, 01:01.

Comment

I checked the auction report of the Spyker I mentioned in post #1 of this thread and found out that it's VIN was listed as: 10038. At that time I just thought it was #038 but I now know that 10038 is not a ligitimate Spyker VIN. So the person that made the auction report must have made a mistake. My second thought is that it could be #138. It is listed as 2006 Spyker C8 Spyder. I checked some known VIN numbers around #138 and the building caracteristics are common with those. So I think this Spyker is #138. I will make a new thread for this one!

Comment

Did we ever found out what was Dan's car?
                    Anyway, #038 was spotted

038.jpg
                    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

The change from 18" spoke wheels to 19" blade wheels also include changing the splines.
                      Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
                        Did we ever found out what was Dan's car?
                        Anyway, #038 was spotted

[ATTACH]8912[/ATTACH]
                        I think this is #035...
                        Rijk

Comment

Working...
                        X