• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Spyker is confirmed as a retirement
    Daily Sports Car - Sportscar Racing's Internet Magazine

Comment

Thanx for the updates AX lover!

Very sad to hear, but that's racing...

The speed of the Spyker looked very promissing though and there were no reliability problems at all this weekend, so I'm positive we will see some good results this season!!
      Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

I want to know it the oil leak occured because of the spin of that the spin was caused by the oil leak...

Or to say it in other words, was it a driver error or a mechanical error.

Comment

Is there somebody who reads these reports? Or are Laviolette GT2R and I just doing this for ourselves? In that case we can better stop with it

Comment

Race report

Sun 05 Apr 2009 SNORAS Spyker Squadron Catalunya Race report

Only minutes after the race started at 11:30 this morning the Spyker C8 Laviolette GT2R returned to the pitbox with a problem. After a solid start of the weekend were the team delivered promising results this was absolutely not what the team had hoped for.

After the team celebrated his birthday with home-made cake, Tom Coronel started this morning in the qualifying session before handing over to Benjamin Leuenberger. Benjamin replaced Jarek Janis whom suffered from an old injury with his neck. All went well in qualifying and the time till the start was used to make some final set-up modifications to the car. In the mean time the sun replaced the light clouds and the temperature was on the rise.

At 11:30 the race started with a rolling start. Tom Coronel was driving the Spyker until he called the team over the radio with a problem. Tom though that he had a tire puncture but when he returned to the pit box the mechanics found oil to be leaking from the car. After a quick examination the team found that the problem was irreparable.

Peter van Erp, Managing Director Spyker Squadron: "What can I say. I am really disappointed. We have tested our 2009 car for many hundreds of laps without any problem and then in just the third lap in our first race it all goes wrong. We found that the car had a problem with the low pressure side of the oil pump and it would have taken us 6 to 7 hours to solve the problem as we had to change the engine to change the faulty parts. It is a very disappointing result in a weekend that started so well and very sad for the mechanics to start their season in this way. We will continue our fight at Spa with renewed energy, I have seen that the car is competitive".

Source: Spyker Squadron

Comment

Originally posted by AX lover View Post
              Is there somebody who reads these reports? Or are Laviolette GT2R and I just doing this for ourselves? In that case we can better stop with it
              It's a hot topic, 126 views so we must have some fans :lol:

Comment

I am reading them with great interest. And giving the number of views most likely others do too. So please continue to post them.

Comment

Same here, another lurker :-) - I am obviously trying to figure out if our new level of information-sharing works out well. Pictures online at the end of the day, Tweets (Twitter) for brief updates, Flickr for non-promo/PR pictures and of course Facebook and the HD Video's.
                  Spyker Cars on Facebook // Spyker Cars on Instagram // Me on Instagram // Spyker Cars Owners & Enthusiasts on LinkedIn // Spyker Cars on DriveTribe

Comment

Working...
                  X