Tom's Riley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom's Riley

One of my friend Tom's eleven cars is this Riley. It took him most evenings of the last eight years to bring this car back from the death.
    Attached Files
    Rijk

A real piece of art. What are the specs of this beauty?

Comment

Very nice .. they drive very well too.

I have one of those here at work but it is being transformed into a VSCC racing special for sprint racing and hillclimbs which is quite common in the U.K.

Comment

Lovely car!

Originally posted by Jim Speed View Post
        I have one of those here at work but it is being transformed into a VSCC racing special for sprint racing and hillclimbs which is quite common in the U.K.
        Why? Please don't!
        Or is it a wreck which can't be brought back to original state?
        In order to create objects of timeless beauty, one must respect the past, enjoy the present and look with enthusiasm into the future. www.michielvandenbrink.com

Comment

i would never cut up a good car however the Donor car is totally knackered and rotten, with a body you can see daylight through.
          But the rolling chassis, engine (which is seized ) and gearbox are ok ish. all bought for £500, so as you can see i think this will be the best route.

i however hate these kind of specials but this one is too far gone and will give someone a fantastic period looking sportscar.and some summer or winter fun

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
            One of my friend Tom's eleven cars is this Riley. It took him most evenings of the last eight years to bring this car back from the death.
            I really admire people and their passion for restoring cars. It's really something!
            ______

Mel

Comment

Working...
            X