Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• softop questions

I have 2 questions regarding the optional softop for C8 Spyder:

1. Is it mounted in some way behind the seats and can be manually folded and stored there?

2. If not, will it fit the trunk (and eventually not use the whole available space) so I can drive with it 'at hand'?

The top folds down behind the headrests, not behind the seat. This obscures the view from the interior mirror unless you have a periscope mirror (very hard to come by).

The folding frame and windshield header are too big to fit in the trunk. I've seen some cars that took the canvas off the folding frame, but I have not checked if that is easy to do.

Some people prefer to us the car as a pure roadster, taking to top off completely.

Amzamz has a tonneau cover, that he uses all the time. We have designed a "shower cap", bought the material, but never really built it.
    Rijk

Comment

I own a periscoping mirror that I will sell at my cost. Rather than install it, I elected to remove the roof entirely and use the car as a pure roadster.

I do carry a 65 inch golf umbrella in the boot for a sunshade or for emergency shelter in an unexpected downpour. I have never had to use it for a rain shelter, since the weather here in California is quite predictable and we have a long dry season all through the summer months.
      With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

As a former owner, I tried putting it up and taking it down each season but required too much effort. I went the route of keeping the top off always.

Comment

What was the cost for the mirror?

Comment

$500 + shipping, is what I paid for it. I can post pics if you are interested.

Like all things Spyker, it is a unique functional piece of art in billet aluminum.
            With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheLam View Post
              $500 + shipping, is what I paid for it. I can post pics if you are interested.

Like all things Spyker, it is a unique functional piece of art in billet aluminum.
              Please read about installing the mirror on the #107 in the owners section. It was not straightforward. Tom didn't like to replace the existing mirror foot, so he modified the periscope mirror base to fit over the standard mirror foot that is glued to the windshield.

As you can read there, windshields have been broken, but mine is on the car successfully for over one year, but I take special precautions
              Rijk

Comment

Thank you for all replies. I would be grateful for some photo of the car with top folded down behind the headrests.

Comment

Here it is stowed away in position

Comment

Thank you, looks way better than I expected.

Comment

Most of them are sloppily folded, but this is a professional job:lol:
                      Rijk

Comment

Looks like you where taught different how to fold your top then me. I like how yours looks!

Comment

Working...
                        X