Newbie Questions 0n a 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Questions 0n a 2005

Just started thinking about adding a Spyker to the stable (it is Xmas time ). Started running through a lot of threads and have gained some valuable information thus far.

I did find a bit of "comparison" data in the technical Q&A section, but not as much as I'd like. I'm looking at a 2005 currently inbound to Naples Motorsports. Looks like it has a hardtop, does that mean no soft top? It sounds as if the AC on these earlier cars is useless, is this the case? Pricing? Other suggestions of what to look for?

I'm currently a Lambo, FGT, and Ferrari owner and this would be a "topless" car to have fun with on the sunny not so hot South Texas days...

Appreciate any advise.

Thanks!

... a 2005 car is close enough to mine. Yes, it comes with either a hardtop, or a soft top. I am not aware of anyone with both! Note: the soft top is removable, and cannot be taken along... pretty much like a hardtop. AC is probably of the weaker sort. And, should the steering be limited to Le-Mans-style radius (=truck ), you can probably get that fixed. I guess, if that car is in the #001-#070 chassis numbers, it is a CPP hand made body. I am sure you will have a lot of fun with it! I did lots of mileage ...

Comment

I am guessing by the VIN: XL9GA11A15Z363037 that it is #37, is that correct? Does the soft top on the later models travel with the car? One thing I don't like about my Viper is no/minimal storage for a top...

Thanks

Comment

Yes that's correct, that means this car is #037 and does indeed have the CPP handcrafted bodywork like amzamz stated. She comes with a hardtop like you said, photographs to be found here I am pretty sure that it's possible to have the airco upgraded. Not sure about the softtop though, these usually stay with the car and I never saw one offered seperately but maybe you can try the factory? This car was briefly listed on e-bay for $130,000.00 (buy it now price) if i recall correctly. I guess you allready saw this but here you can find more Spykers for $ale
        Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Older and newer soft tops are not exchangeable. The top of the A pillars are different. I think that the windshield is slightly different too, but I'm not sure if that would interfere.
          Rijk

Comment

Softtop is rather useless even if you have it.

Comment

#037 came in through our store in Cleveland and we Sold it to a local collector here. Let me know if I can help at all with a Spyker for your collection.

Mark

Comment

Working...
              X