Sandy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrobin33 View Post
    Still no power here in NJ. Cooking by camping stove and a small generator for the well pump. Gas is rationed, but #138 is full, and I havent needed to siphon any off yet! Internet is by oh so slow 3G - a lot of cell towers must be out of action too. My whole house generator, geothermal and solar systems were ordered and scheduled, Sandy was a bit early for me.
    That is terrible. When do you expect to have power back? Driving up the I87 a bit, will get you unrationed gas.
    Rijk

Comment

Still no power here in NJ. ...
      Oh, my God! I wish you all the best, and hope gas and electricity will come back soon! I cannot imagine how it is to spend days without energy supplies!!!
      Last edited by amzamz; 05-11-2012, 07:03.

Comment

Matt, I am very sorry to hear that the grid has wandered off leaving you to fend for yourself for the time being. Any chance of taking a short vacation to somplace with heat and hot water?
        With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Still no power here in NJ. Cooking by camping stove and a small generator for the well pump. Gas is rationed, but #138 is full, and I havent needed to siphon any off yet! Internet is by oh so slow 3G - a lot of cell towers must be out of action too. My whole house generator, geothermal and solar systems were ordered and scheduled, Sandy was a bit early for me.
          If you want to use our place upstate, you can. Let me know.
          Rijk

Comment

Hello my fellow spyker brothers-I'm glad to hear my fellow NE buddys Rijk, Matt and Tom are ok and managing.. It has certainly been a disastrous week here on the Island- still many, many dealing with downed trees, downed power lines, cell towers disabled/down, no power, many with no heat, a true gasoline shortage due to lack of distribution, or much worse- a total loss of house and home.. its pretty much a sh*t show.. I am in no position to complain as I have had power back for a few days now. But people are truly suffering. All this, in one of the most developed/highest tax regions of the USA, and the planet, for that matter. Don't believe the media- I would give local/state/federal governments a big fat "D" for preparedness, poor infrastructure and post-event sluggish response. Force-majeure is one thing, but the acute lack of pre and post disaster preparedness/response is another.. Best to all- Kurt

Comment

Joe seems OK, Brett, Seth ans Josh we haven't heard of yet.
              Rijk

Comment

I know Seth is ok...

Comment

In fact, here is a direct quote from Seth, to the participants of his the 6th Annual Turkey Run rally that he organizes, .. -" I myself have one of my houses on the water was destroyed and just had my power turned back on last night. It's been a rough 7 days but we weathered the storm and my family is safe. I'm hopeful that yours is as well. "... good to know he is ok

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt View Post
                    In fact, here is a direct quote from Seth, to the participants of his the 6th Annual Turkey Run rally that he organizes, .. -" I myself have one of my houses on the water was destroyed and just had my power turned back on last night. It's been a rough 7 days but we weathered the storm and my family is safe. I'm hopeful that yours is as well. "... good to know he is ok
                    That's good
                    Rijk

Comment

Working...
                    X