No announcement yet.

Colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops, forgot about that! Well anyway, a caddy powered Aileron would be very nice indeed

Comment

Yes, I would say so also!

Comment

i am in dallas and to run with the big dogs i was hoping to get around 800 or more hp from a tt setup. i just got a quote for a stage 1 850hp 60k and stage 2 1000hp 110k tt upgrade for my gallardo from underground racing. i know to get the audi engine to do this they may have to make a custom billet short block engine like they do for the gallardo.

since my wife likes the gallardo so much see it at 7XR.COM i was thinking i would get the aileron for myself this is the one http://www.spykercars.nl/img/gallerij/lrg/CF012435.jpg "oh yea im in love" since its such a rare car my only concern is that i be able to keep up with the vipers, ford gt's and lambo's around here. plus i wouldn't want to get passed up by my son in the c6 z06 corvette i just gave him - that would be very embarrassing indeed.

mb
        Last edited by markbrown; 16-10-2009, 03:15.

Comment

Mark, with these cars I'd say it is more about being up in rarified air than zooming through it. When I want to go extra fast, I take a different car. But this car looks and sounds amazing and shows a craftsmanship and design that is quite unique, even among the exotics you are used to.

Justice
          With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Originally posted by markbrown View Post
            ...850hp 60k and stage 2 1000hp 110k tt upgrade for my gallardo...
            I'll tell you what Mark, give me the 110k instead and I'll buy a used Diablo and I won't give a rat's ass who passes me...

Comment

Well I'd love for you to push your future aileron to 800+ bhp. I'm really curious to see whether the chassis is up to it. I guess it will be. It's quite rigid. That would make for one beasty aileron!

Comment

Mark, I just sold my Heffner TT Gallardo (1000hp) so I have alot of experience with them. I put almost 30,000K on the TT setup on my G. I don't think the aileron or spyder would do well with that much power unless new gears where made for the car, 1st and second gear are just to short to have +800 plus hp. Also just for your info Heffner Performance is working on a TT system for a Audi R8 with the 4.2L motor. I bet this system would be around $50,000 and could make +800 hp easy. The one question is can the spyker transmission hold this power?

Comment

the diablo is a nice car and there are a few tt's d's around here as well. i think with the spyker i get quality and finish the other cars are mostly plastic - see the grills on a gallardo? so i get the knock out looks of the spyker - but where could the people i run with knock it? power that's it - you solve the power and i think the car will handle it fine no prob - at least it looks like it will handle!

heffner and there is another guy near houston that does superchargers and tt conversions. but i really think that underground racing has their act together and seem to me that they just fit me better. but they are the most expensive, however they recognize some components are weak like in the case of the axles and short block of the g car they make their own.

i want a car that looks good but don't want it to have to tuck it's tail that's all. think i could buy a lp640 or 670 in the typical stupid colors (green, orange, yellow) or i could have a aileron that will run with them and not have to ever worry about seeing myself anywhere. i think this is what spykers are about?

ps didn't even think heffner could do a 1000hp? i thought they only did like 600-800 at most.
                  Last edited by markbrown; 16-10-2009, 21:49.

Comment

The Aileron would be more stable with a power boost (long wheel base). I'm not so sure I'd want to boost the power on my C8 without any driver's aids. The Gallardo, for example, has both traction control and stability control.

Justice
                    With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

if the aileron has traction control it would be east to add a race logic controller on it to dial in the monster. if not it would still be no worst than a viper which can be a killer.

Comment

Mark, I don't think you understand how short the Spykers lower gears are. If you double the power you will not be able to use the lower gears! If you wanna TT a Spyker I'm all for it but you should know the down falls for it. You will just hit redline!!!

If you want to use Underground racing then go for it but just so you know Heffner Performance was the first one to make new axles and completely rebuild motors for Gallardo's with Twin turbo's! Thats a fact.

If you didn't know that Heffner made 1000hp gallardo's then I recamend that you do alot more research so you don't end up with a UGR car that blows up after the first pass. Before you reply just remember this is not about slamming the different TT company's, everything they do makes the modified lambo's faster and better.

I hope you get a Spyker and if you want more power then go for it. Please tell us all about it and enjoy.

Comment

Spyker of Houston....

Good Morning,

I have attached the color charts for the Spykers. We are your closest dealer and look forward to assist you with your Spyker purchase. A few month's ago we were at the 10th anv. of Motorsport Ranch in Cresson, near DFW. Please view our web site Spyker of Houston - Spyker For Sale - Spyker Service Department - Spyker Parts - Spyker Dealer - SpykerofHouston.com or contact me direct for any additional information.

We will also be hosting our Grand Opening and unveiling of the New Aileron on Nov. 19th followed by a two day "Ride and Drive Event", by appointment only.

Mark Thomas
                          Expo Motorcars Spyker of Houston
                          708-932-5596 cell
                          Attached Files

Comment

Colors Available

Let me know if I can assit you further with a trip to Houston or up toward Dallas.

Mark Thomas
                            Spyker of Houston
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rhyno View Post
                              Mark, I don't think you understand how short the Spykers lower gears are.

If you didn't know that Heffner made 1000hp gallardo's then I recommended that you do alot more research so you don't end up with a UGR car that blows up after the first pass.

I hope you get a Spyker and if you want more power then go for it. Please tell us all about it and enjoy.
                              1. no i have no clue about the spyker mechanics just yet but plan to learn allot about the cars. i am studying everything but mechanics right now and will tackle that very soon, then after market vendors.

2. heffner i am sure is a very good company, i have no affiliation with any after market company. i was just very impressed with the detailed quote i got from ugr for my gallardo, and their willingness to promptly answer my endless questions. but i have an open mind for sure, please take no offense.

3. on the corvette forum many guys have gone to automatics with huge hp cause they handle it much better than a standard. this was my thinking for the new aileron if i did a tt setup. i think it would be easy to get tall gears if i need them. i plan on having the ultimate spyker by end of next year, it should be all sorted out. i look at it like a project.

Comment

Mad Mark, as you shall be referred to from now on , I just can't wait for your ultimate Spyker to be finished! It will absolutely eat everything else on the roads. I have a name for your project: Psycho Spyker. How about that, huh?

By the way: I don't know which automatic ZF transmission Spyker mounts, but if they fit the 2nd gen 6HP-34 box, it will support torque up to 850 N.m, which equates to 627 foot-pounds. that's quite a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X