Drivers Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivers Car

I am a German engineer working on a 'new' sports car interior.
    The target is to create a drivers car. As you are the owners of the most desirable Dutch automobiles I hope that you could help me in defining requirements for a Drivers Car.
    What makes a car a Drivers Car???
    Your help is appreciated!

Well I'm not an owner but if I was ever to buy a drivers car, I'd want the interior to be uncomplicated and driver-oriented. Centered rev-counter and that's about the most important thing.

Comment

The qualities of the Spyker interior are:

NO PLASTIC (visible)
      High quality of materials
      Hand crafted
      More dials
      Single action switches
      Possibility for four point seat belts
      When strapped into four point seat belts, that all switches are reachable (Unlike in the Elise)
      Great seats

I also like this interior:

http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/car...-interior.html
      Rijk

Comment

You must be able to drive long distances without getting annoyed with rattles or uncomfortable seats etc..
        The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

The car should provide meaningful feedback to the driver about the road. Structural rigidity, a stiff and responsive suspension and excellent steering (and brakes) should all come higher on the list than horsepower. Cars that empshasize horsepower without getting these essentials correct are built "upside down".

The interior layout must feel natural. Your hands should come to rest on the controls when you reach out with your hands or set them down. You should never find yourself stretching for controls you can't reach.

Oh yeah, it doesn't hurt at all if it looks fast. :lol:
          With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
            .. More dials ..
            Absolutely. At least oil temperature (twice in case of transaxle) and oil pressure. And preferably not projected dials like some modern cars have but real dials.

And I like the dials Alfa Romeo use with the needles of the speedo and rev counter pointing straight down when the ignition is off and the car is not in motion. See:
            Attached Files

Comment

And I like the dials where you can't read the actual speed when sitting in the passenger seat so the wife doesn't slow you down

Comment

And I prefer a center console that goes from the dash to the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
                  And I like the dials where you can't read the actual speed when sitting in the passenger seat so the wife doesn't slow you down
                  Haha!:lol:
                  With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

To me, the snick of the shifter is the most important part of the driver interface. Get that feel right, and there is little that is as pleasingly tactile.

Comment

Originally posted by jsauer View Post
                      .....me in defining requirements for a Drivers Car.
                      What makes a car a Drivers Car???
                      Well I would say it is very important to know what kind of car you are working on. The interior requirements for a great drivers car like a big GT (like the 550 Maranello) are completely diffrent from the requirements for great drivers car like a Challenge Stradale.
                      Both are great drivers cars but on the GT I am looking for comfort for the longer trips and in a car like a Challenge Stradale I expect a stripped out interior with the essential parts required for racing and track days.
                      Digi-Shape Auto Fotografie
                      Digi-Shape Auto Posters

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
                        In the SSUV there will be extra dials all over the car. You better order the MPH version:lol::lol::lol:
                        Rijk

Comment

Working...
                        X