No announcement yet.

Spyker book anyone ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... same book. Examples of front cover & box, sections (1) (1), (2) (2) and (3). I guess, we could follow a similar structure, and add a register of all the known (car-spotters!) cars with some info and web addresses in the back...
    Attached Files

Comment

... a register of cars and chassis # could follow the scheme used by the Bugatti Owners Club (Britain) or the Bugatti web register. See here.
      Attached Files

Comment

We passed step 1: We have approval of Spykercars and step 2: We now have a writer! We only have limited time so I suggest that Matthias (netburner) decides which subjects he wants in the book and makes a format. Then he can decide what he can / wants to do himself and on which subjects he needs / wants other members to contribute.

Go Matthias !
        Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Originally posted by Laviolette GT2R View Post
          We passed step 1: We have approval of Spykercars and step 2: We now have a writer! We only have limited time so I suggest that Matthias (netburner) decides which subjects he wants in the book and makes a format. Then he can decide what he can / wants to do himself and on which subjects he needs / wants other members to contribute.
          Go Matthias !
          I agree on step 1 and 2. We also have the material for a register. I am quite sure, Spyker factory may give us a complete list of chassis numbers (without specs, owner names or countries of course). I would personally go for a limited edition book (on the expensive side, 500 copies, EUR 300) and later take parts of that to a paperback edition (smaller format, cheap print, EUR 40).

I do NOT agree that we are in a hurry! We should get a proper job done! That is more important than to be ready for exactly October 2010... As long as we provide quality, the book will sell. What does everyone else think?

Comment

I see your point and agree that we must not rush things and getting a low quality book as a result but I do think we have enough, although limited, time to make a 'high' (not sure about a €300,00 book though) quality book in time with the help of the forummembers. The point I fear is that if all (active) forummembers will give there opinion there won't be consensus and it will take virtually for ever to finish or even start the book. That's why I think Matthias should take the lead and let us know what we can contribute. I agree we should do a proper job! Finishing the book before October would be nice but it's not necessary. But you're right: Let's wait what others have to say, maybe I'm too negative and there will be consensus!

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
              I do NOT agree that we are in a hurry!
              It would be fabulous if we can deliver the end result in October. But quality is indeed far more important.

Comment

Maybe we can present the format of the book to Spykercars in October and then take some time to transform this into a proper endproduct?

Comment

By the way: Enjoy your holiday Matthias !

Comment

Originally posted by Laviolette GT2R View Post
                    I see your point and agree that we must not rush things and getting a low quality book as a result but I do think we have enough, although limited, time to make a 'high' (not sure about a €300,00 book though) quality book in time with the help of the forummembers. The point I fear is that if all (active) forummembers will give there opinion there won't be consensus and it will take virtually for ever to finish or even start the book. That's why I think Matthias should take the lead and let us know what we can contribute. I agree we should do a proper job! Finishing the book before October would be nice but it's not necessary. But you're right: Let's wait what others have to say, maybe I'm too negative and there will be consensus!
                    Just a matter of focus. First step is that Matthias has to create an idea for himself what he wants. Second step is that we react to that. And from that moment on someone needs to full-fill the role of project manager. Because Matthias needs to concentrate to his work and the project manager can filter all information for him.

I have no problem to be the project manager for this.

Comment

I would imagine (and hope) that a proper end product would come about with full cooperation of the factory, with Matthias conducting interviews with many of the company prinicpals on several occasions. Along with a professional level photographer with access to the factory, with build process photographs and archival material. From this I would love to see things that we, as third party observers and spotters, do not have access to; i.e. rare photographs, schematics, information that would be new and interesting to even longtime followers of the company and its cars.

Comment

Is someone checking all this with Victor? Should probably ask him to fund as well.

Comment

First (few) ideas for the book so far:

- I think the history of Spyker is important, so we should bring it in the book, but not as the mainpart. It explains some of the modelnames and other things we can find on the new Spyker cars, so it would be good to have it in (I could rework my article I wrote for the CPzine).

- We should explain the differences in between the different modelyears of Spykers, specially the different chassis from different suppliers

- I'm a registry-man, so a Spyker registry or a list of all built cars until date x would be great (if Spyker will give us something like that)

- Interviews with Victor and Hans, but also with "everyday-Spyker-drivers" would be a cool section for the book, maybe also "special storys" some drivers have gone through with their cars

- the Motorsport history since early 2000s should be a nice chapter, maybe with interviews of the drivers

- nice pictures from as many as possible cars

So far the ideas. If anybody has got more ideas, please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by netburner View Post
                            First (few) ideas for the book so far:

- the Motorsport history since early 2000s should be a nice chapter, maybe with interviews of the drivers

So far the ideas. If anybody has got more ideas, please let me know.
                            What do you mean with Motorsport? Just the GT2-races, or will you also talk about 'the Formula 1-project'?

Good luck with the book I'm already looking forward to the final result
                            Olav

Instagram
                            https://www.instagram.com/3stfotografie/?hl=nl

Comment

I'm very excited about this book!! I would be glad to help if needed. I loved that classy Bugatti book you brought up Amz. Would be great if we can achieve something like that.

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Motorsport is Motorsport and a book about the "new" Spykers without the year in Formula 1 wouldn't be complete (my opinion).

Comment

Working...
                                X