Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spyker cars relocates its vehicle assembly lines to the UK

SPYKER CARS RELOCATES ITS VEHICLE ASSEMBLY LINES TO THE UK

ZEEWOLDE, The Netherlands (November 20, 2009) – Spyker Cars N.V., manufacturer of exclusive premium sports cars, announces today that it will relocate vehicle assembly to its supplier, CPP (Manufacturing) Ltd, UK.

By relocating its assembly lines from Zeewolde to Coventry, Spyker will achieve considerable improvements in efficiency and substantial cost-reductions. The relocation is expected to be completed by the end of this year.

Of the 135 Spyker employees in the Netherlands, approximately 45 jobs will be directly affected. A full social plan will be prepared in consultation with the trade unions, and Spyker will work with the trade unions to assist the employees concerned in finding a new job. Engineering, Corporate staff functions, Sales, After-Sales, Marketing and “Spyker Squadron”, the company’s Works' GT race team, will remain in Zeewolde. Management will continue its efforts to reduce costs and further headcount reduction may not be excluded.

Victor R. Muller, CEO of Spyker Cars stated: "In these challenging times, a small manufacturer like Spyker has to find ways to reduce costs as well as improve its efficiency. By relocating vehicle assembly to CPP (Manufacturing), which was Spyker's very first contracting partner at the inception of our company in 2000 and has been one of our most trusted partners ever since, we secure the future of our business”.

“With approximately half of our vehicles’ parts and components sourced in the UK, and virtually all key suppliers being located there, moving closer to our suppliers and engineering partners will result in substantial savings and tangible efficiency improvements”.

“We realise that jobs will be affected in the Netherlands but we believe this move is necessary under the current economic circumstances and is in the best interest of the company and all of its stakeholders,” he added.

Brendan O'Toole, Managing Director of CPP (Manufacturing), stated: "We have worked closely with Spyker since 2000 when we built their very first prototype chassis, and have grown with Spyker to become one of the leading low-volume manufacturers in the industry. We will maintain the highest standards of quality in the assembly of Spyker vehicles, while at the same time achieving significant cost reductions and operational efficiencies for Spyker”.

-Ends-

Niels

Originally posted by JoeD View Post
    SPYKER CARS RELOCATES ITS VEHICLE ASSEMBLY LINES TO THE UK

ZEEWOLDE, The Netherlands (November 20, 2009) – Spyker Cars N.V., manufacturer of exclusive premium sports cars, announces today that it will relocate vehicle assembly to its supplier, CPP (Manufacturing) Ltd, UK.

By relocating its assembly lines from Zeewolde to Coventry, Spyker will achieve considerable improvements in efficiency and substantial cost-reductions. The relocation is expected to be completed by the end of this year.

Of the 135 Spyker employees in the Netherlands, approximately 45 jobs will be directly affected. A full social plan will be prepared in consultation with the trade unions, and Spyker will work with the trade unions to assist the employees concerned in finding a new job. Engineering, Corporate staff functions, Sales, After-Sales, Marketing and “Spyker Squadron”, the company’s Works' GT race team, will remain in Zeewolde. Management will continue its efforts to reduce costs and further headcount reduction may not be excluded.

Victor R. Muller, CEO of Spyker Cars stated: "In these challenging times, a small manufacturer like Spyker has to find ways to reduce costs as well as improve its efficiency. By relocating vehicle assembly to CPP (Manufacturing), which was Spyker's very first contracting partner at the inception of our company in 2000 and has been one of our most trusted partners ever since, we secure the future of our business”.

“With approximately half of our vehicles’ parts and components sourced in the UK, and virtually all key suppliers being located there, moving closer to our suppliers and engineering partners will result in substantial savings and tangible efficiency improvements”.

“We realise that jobs will be affected in the Netherlands but we believe this move is necessary under the current economic circumstances and is in the best interest of the company and all of its stakeholders,” he added.

Brendan O'Toole, Managing Director of CPP (Manufacturing), stated: "We have worked closely with Spyker since 2000 when we built their very first prototype chassis, and have grown with Spyker to become one of the leading low-volume manufacturers in the industry. We will maintain the highest standards of quality in the assembly of Spyker vehicles, while at the same time achieving significant cost reductions and operational efficiencies for Spyker”.

-Ends-

As a Dutchman I don't like this at all.

Dutchdude
    Spykerowner #141
    sigpic

Comment

Sad news for the Netherlands..

Seems this was true after all
      http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/spy...html#post10421
      The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Suddenly I have an English car.
        No more car Factories in the Netherlands.

This is a slap in my face.

Dutchdude
        Spykerowner #141
        sigpic

Comment

sorry to hear guys...I recognize this was a matter of national pride and with good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Swisstrader View Post
            sorry to hear guys...I recognize this was a matter of national pride and with good reason.
            On the other hand. We all have a true Dutch Spyker.

To bad assembly (only?) has to be relocated.

We all wish Spyker a very long future. Realistic, what has to done, has to be done.
            Last edited by Spyker 007; 20-11-2009, 18:16.

Comment

Too bad this is going to happen...

Maby it's a good idea to visit the factory (with the forum memebers) while it still is in The Netherlands. For one last time...
              Olav

Instagram
              https://www.instagram.com/3stfotografie/?hl=nl

Comment

Now we can have two factory visits
                Rijk

Comment

This is almost as bad as when Lotus started using Toyota engines.

Although if it means you'll never have to feel the way I felt when they killed Pontiac, then I guess it's for the best.

Comment

Victor does not exclude a complete relocating of Spyker to the UK (long-term). Interesting: CPP will assemble the entire vehicle from now on. That means there no longer will be a factory, owned by Spyker..The machinery will be shipped and the lease for the factory in Zeewolde wil be terminated.
                    Last edited by IVR007; 20-11-2009, 17:00.

Comment

I would think that this will be for the production of the Aileron only. There is no reason to move the assembly of the SWB to England.
                      Rijk

Comment

Why not Rijk? The panels for the 'old' C8 are also from CPP, right? 'Made in Holland' cars will be even more special..

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchdude View Post
                          No more car Factories in the Netherlands.
                          Is Donkervoort dead?

Sad to hear that Spyker move to UK

Comment

I hope this doesn't mean that Spykers in the future will have the same build quality as most UK cars! I'm not very excited about this news.

Comment

Originally posted by Swisstrader View Post
                              National pride is indeed important for us. However, if our beloved brand hadn't been Dutch, I would still have adored this brand. The pure driving experience is what made me fall in love with Spyker. Not the Nationality.

Originally posted by Spyker 007 View Post
                              .. We all wish Spyker a very long future. Realistic, what has to done, has to be done.
                              +1

If this means our brand can survive, I am for.

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                              I would think that this will be for the production of the Aileron only. There is no reason to move the assembly of the SWB to England.
                              According to the press release only Engineering, Corporate staff functions, Sales, After-Sales, Marketing and “Spyker Squadron” will remain in Zeewolde. So I assume the SWBs and specials will also be produced in Coventry.

Comment

Working...
                              X