Guess the part.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
    Tom said to wait until we have a really hot day, and put the car in the full sun, this makes the whole windshield evenly heated and then use the hairdryer in the mirror area. This makes the temperature difference as small al possible and reduces stress in the windshield.
    Sounds like the safest option.
    Nulla tenaci invia est via.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Speed View Post
      Hi i have played a little with the bonded mirrors on my 1000 MV Agusta.to replace the old glass with a anti dazzle new mirror. i found that as you get the glass adhesive warm you can also work one corner away with a very thin scalple cutting the adhesive away and this helps take the pressure off the backing, or in your case the front windscreen but a little at a time and carefully too!!

i hope this may also help with your bonded mirror too ?

Then i have used celuliose thinners or white spirit to remove the traces of old adhesive.
      Jim,

Sounds like good advise.
      Rijk

Comment

Fitted it should look like this.
        Attached Files

Comment

Looks good. I wonder if Spyker already fits the 'periscope' mirror to all new C8 Spyders.

Comment

The 'periscope' mirror in Monaco

Comment

Has it already been fitted to #107? I'd love to see some close up shots...
              ______

Mel

Comment

We had only one hot day so far, two weeks ago. We are still waiting. Tom is not looking forward to this, since he is worried that he will crack the glass.

I told him that there periscope mirrors are now delivered with a new windshield included, so we might as well try it. The worst that can happen is that I will have to order a new windshield after all.
                Rijk

Comment

I spoke to Nick van de Zouwen from the Spyker Factory. It turns out that it is not only tricky to remove the existing mirror foot, but even after successful installation of the periscope mirror, the window can crack spontaneously.

Probably the aluminum foot is too heavy and will flex the windshield when you drive over bad pavement.

For now we'll not install the periscope mirror. This will make Tom happy.
                  Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                    I spoke to Nick van de Zouwen from the Spyker Factory. It turns out that it is not only tricky to remove the existing mirror foot, but even after successful installation of the periscope mirror, the window can crack spontaneously.

Probably the aluminum foot is too heavy and will flex the windshield when you drive over bad pavement.

For now we'll not install the periscope mirror. This will make Tom happy.
                    I have two pictures of this periscope mirror :

mirror-1.jpg

mirror-2.jpg

I did a test drive yesterday at the factory and yes you need this mirror otherwise you don't see much

Dutchdude
                    Spykerowner #141
                    sigpic

Comment

Which car did you drive? The white demo? Or another car?

Comment

Originally posted by AX lover View Post
                        a Purple/Tan 2008 with Chronoswiss dash . I gues it is the new car from Victor Muller. I did make pictures but I can't get them out of my Nikon.

Dutchdude
                        Spykerowner #141
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AX lover View Post
                          The white one was used at the Maarten Memorial Day last weekend.
                          Attached Files

Comment

man, i have to tell you that I am a big fan of the white. It does not show the lines as well as some but that is one hell of a classy set up. I usually very vocal about my distain for the red top as well but that sucker looks spectacular. the interior is red too? I think I actually found a color combo that involves red interior that I like.

What is the marketing on the side/front?

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerX3 View Post
                              What is the marketing on the side/front?
                              It's marketing from a strategy & webdesign office in Amsterdam called "eFocus".
                              They have created the "Spyker events website"
                              More info on the website from eFocus can be found here :eFocus/

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchdude View Post
                                I have two pictures of this periscope mirror :

I did a test drive yesterday at the factory and yes you need this mirror otherwise you don't see much
                                I still think that it looks cool. I'm reconsidering.
                                Rijk

Comment

Working...
                                X