• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Le Mans 2010

Anybody going?

Dutchdude
    Spykerowner #141
    sigpic

... would love to, but can't make it. Sorry.

Comment

.. same here. Would love to, but I am already going to the centennial of Alfa Romeo in Italy this month.

My goal is to attend next year.

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
        My goal is to attend next year.
        +1
        The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Yes I will be there! I'm afraid 138 will stay in the US, I will be driving there from the UK in my Corvette. I will of course wear my Spyker Squadron shirt though!!
          Last edited by mrobin33; 08-06-2010, 06:41.

Comment

Originally posted by mrobin33 View Post
            Yes I will be there! I'm afraid 138 will stay in the US, I will be driving there from the UK in my Corvette. I will of course where my Spyker Squadron shirt though!!
            I leave Thursday morning towards Le Mans with my "pimped" Spyker.
            How can I recognize your car in Le Mans?

Nobody else is driving to the most beautiful car event of the year?

Dutchdude
            Spykerowner #141
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchdude View Post
              I leave Thursday morning towards Le Mans with my "pimped" Spyker.
              How can I recognize your car in Le Mans?

Nobody else is driving to the most beautiful car event of the year?
              Look out for this - and I'll look out for you too!

(my wife - clearly bored with the picture taking - will not be there though)

Comment

You know she is a pretty lady if she can scowl like that and still be pretty! :lol:

Wish I was going to Le Mans this year!
                With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Found some pictures of scrutineering and the paddock:

C14-10_Lm_Pesagel_Spyker.jpg J5-2010_LeMans_DimanchePaddock_01.jpg

Copyright: Endurance-Info.com
                  Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

2010_SQDN_newsletter_header_vLM.1.jpg

SPYKER SQUADRON READY FOR LE MANS

LE MANS, JUNE 8 2010 - Spyker Squadron is ready for the 78th 24 Hours of Le Mans. The Spyker C8 Laviolette GT2R passed scrutineering on Monday morning at the Place des Jacobins in the centre of Le Mans and is now gearing up for action.

After scrutineering drivers Tom Coronel, Jeroen Bleekemolen, Peter Dumbreck, the Spyker Squadron team and the car then went on for the traditional post-scrutineering photo, surrounded by lots of fans and members of the media.

4678564231_68bdf76386.jpg

At Le Mans Spyker Squadron will be racing in the Snoras Bank colors again. As a result the C8 Laviolette GT2R will race in the same blue and yellow livery that was used here at Le Mans in 2008 and 2009 and not in the red and black livery that is in use in the Le Mans Series this season.

Like in the Le Mans Series Spyker Squadron will run its 4.0l engine, the 2” wider rear wheels and the larger air restrictor. This new for 2010 configuration has so far been very reliable and with reliability a key factor at Le Mans the team has high hopes for the race.

Peter van Erp, Managing Director Spyker Squadron: “Last year we finished fifth here at Le Mans after a steady run over 24 hours. This year we need to be consistent again and have to act smart. Reliability and a good strategy are vital for a decent finish in this edition of the 24 Hours of Le Mans. The competition in the GT2 category is very strong this season. I would have preferred some extra testing before Le Mans in order to get even closer to them.”

Tom Coronel: “It’s good to be back at Le Mans for what will be my tenth 24 Hours of Le Mans. It is one of the top three events in the world, together with Monaco and the Indy 500. You only have one chance for a good result and if you fail you have to wait for another year. That is what makes it a mythical race. Last year we really did well. We finished fifth, ahead of all the Porsches and without any problems. This year the competition is much stronger, but then again, we also have a stronger line-up and our car has been very reliable this season. I think a top 10 position in qualifying should be possible and we should definitely be able to finish inside the top 8 this year.”

Jeroen Bleekemolen: “Last year things really went well and we took home a great fifth place. This year we will see some really strong line-ups in the various GT2 cars, but our line-up is certainly among the strongest and we should take some advantage of this. As I did not compete at Spa the race at Paul Ricard was my dress rehearsal and I was really impressed with the pace I had in that race. In the Le Mans Series we had one of the quickest cars after 3 hours of racing and considering this race will last for 24 hours we should be one of the quickest cars again. If we are able to complete this race without any problems we should be able to fight for the top positions again.”

Peter Dumbreck: “My guess is that it will be a race of attrition again this year. Lots of things will go wrong at top teams and we should just make sure we don’t make any mistakes and that our car is running at the end. We have three good drivers and if we all drive a steady race, stay out of trouble and don’t push it over the limit we should be able to repeat last year’s result and finish in the top 5 again. It will be a tough fight this year with the strong competition, but with our group of drivers we should be able to do well. As we’ve seen in the Le Mans Series races the race will develop and we will become quicker through the race. We have had a very reliable car so far and our only problems were the results of us being hit by other cars, but the car held well.”

All the drivers taking part in the 24 Hours of Le Mans will be attending the autograph session in the pit lane on Tuesday at 5 p.m. Free practice for the 24 Hours of Le Mans will take place on Wednesday June 9th. Between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. the teams will be able to go out on the the 13.629 km long circuit for the first time. Between 10 p.m. and midnight the first qualifying session will be held.

Eurosport will broadcast the entire 24 Hours of Le Mans as well as all the practice and qualifying sessions LIVE around Europe.

About Spyker Squadron

Spyker Squadron was founded in 2001 to underwrite the performance of the highly exclusive hand-build Spyker sports cars. Spyker Squadron is a dedicated team consisting of engineers, drivers and supporting personnel that develops, builds and supports the Spyker GT2 race cars. The team is based in Zeewolde, the Netherlands, where it has a high-tech workshop to support its operations.

For more Spyker Squadron updates do not forget to drop by our VIMEO and TWITTER pages which we will be updating regularly.

Timetable, Live TV & TV schedule:

Timetable: Le Mans Series // Site officiel des 24 Heures du Mans
                    Eurosport TV Schedule: The best of sport live: football, tennis, motorsports, rugby, athletics, cycling, basketball. - Consumer Site

Spyker Squadron on the Web and Social Media:
                    www: Home Squadron | Spykercars
                    Flickr: Flickr: Spyker Squadron's Photostream
                    Vimeo: Spyker Squadron on Vimeo
                    Twitter: Spyker Squadron (spykersquadron) on Twitter
                    Facebook: Spyker Squadron | Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by mrobin33 View Post
                      Look out for this - and I'll look out for you too!

(my wife - clearly bored with the picture taking - will not be there though)
                      Ok. I will look out for your Corvette.
                      If you see the following car than it's me.

The first photo is taken today with the LM85 Sticker. Because the weather is very bad I could not take a Photo outside.
                      Unfortunately Spyker changed the colors of their car back to yellow/blue but anyway I think people do understand I support the Squadron. :lol:

LM2010-1.jpg

LM2010-2.jpg

LM2010-3.jpg

LM2010-4.jpg
                      Last edited by Dutchdude; 08-06-2010, 21:44.

Dutchdude
                      Spykerowner #141
                      sigpic

Comment

Holy **** how cool is that! Congrats Dutchdude

Comment

This is fabulous. Really stunning! Both Spyker Cars and Spyker Squadron can be proud

Comment

Incredibly awesome ! Have a safe trip and enjoy Le Mans !
                            Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Thanks guys,

The ACO asked Spyker if they would like to add another car to Le Mans a few weeks ago.
                              Because Hans van Rennes told me that it was impossible for Spyker to build a second car in a few weeks time I thought; I can "build" one myself.
                              I now only need the supercharger from OnTheLam .

Hopefully it will be a top 5 again.
                              and hopefully i can take some nice pictures from the real #85 racingcar next days.

Dutchdude
                              Spykerowner #141
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X