Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope it isn't true...

Comment

When you check Google Trends, you can see the worldwide impact of an F1 level exposure for a brand.

Google Trends: spyker, pagani

I can see the dilemma (but I don't think it is true).
      Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by AX lover View Post
        I hope it isn't true...
        I agree,...It's a good thing when the Spyker brand is mentioned again in the world press..but actually re-entering F1...

Comment

Maybe this is a clever marketing trick to get more media attention in Geneva

Comment

More than a week ago the news was also here:
            Spyker C8 Aileron Spyder and More… - GTSPIRIT.COM

21st february
            fresh rumours popping up of re-entering the world of formula one in place of the Honda team

Comment

Originally posted by AX lover View Post
              When you look at the entry list you see that the Spyker engine is 3.8 liters. Last season they started with a 3.8 and changed it to a 4.0 liter engine.

Do you think they switched back? Or is it a small mistake? Maybe we will hear more in Geneva?
              According to this article: Planetlemans.com | Planetlemans analyzes the 2009 Le Mans 24 Hours list - GT2 it's a new engine...
              Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

So they quit the 4.0 engine project and switched to a new version/configuration of the 3.8 V8? I assume it is still based on the 4.2 V8 from Audi?

Comment

I'm not sure AX, so I have to speculate on this: I think they kept the changed crankshaft and firing order but they changed back from 4,0 liter to 3,8 liter, in order to make it more reliable. It is still the Audi based engine though.

Comment

8 and 9 march 2009 LMS testday - HTTT Paul Ricard -

Tomorrow the 2009 race Season will start for the Snoras Spyker Squadron!
                    Spyker will join the pre-season LMS test at the circuit Paul Ricard.
                    The time schedule can be found here: Le Mans Series
                    And the entrylist can be found here: Planetlemans.com | LMS - 2009 Paul Ricard Test Days Entry List

Go Spyker Squadron !

Comment

In an interview Victor Muller says the following about the Spyker Squadron:

DS: What is the importance of motor sports for Spyker Cars?
                      VM: We are really dedicated to racing and especially GT2. GT2 and Le Mans are part of our strategy and there’s an incredible match between Spyker Cars and racing in general. Spyker Cars will again take part in the 24 hours of Le Mans this year. The problems we experienced over the past years are under control. They were mostly related to the engines. Investments into an analysis of the errors have paid off in the end. We are really confident on making our laps. Staying in the race is the most important during the 24 hours.

DS: Will there be a replacement for the C8 Laviolette GT2R?
                      VM: Spyker is planning to start racing with the C8 Aileron in GT2 in 2010. We do think the new C8 Aileron has better racing capabilities due to its longer wheel base, new chassis developed together with Lotus and increased aerodynamics.

DS: Is the knowledge and experience gathered with Spyker’s motor sports activities used for the street cars?
                      VM: Yes, all we learn from racing is used to improve our road cars. The engineers working on the race cars work at the same facility as the engineers who build, test and develop the road cars, which makes it easy to share knowledge and ideas to make our road cars better.

Source: Interview: Victor Muller - CEO Spyker Cars - GTSPIRIT.COM

Comment

Link to a small promovideo from spyker squadron Video Spyker Squadron - Promovideo
                        Louis

Comment

I found this article which might be a help for new forum members who are not yet familiar with the Le Mans Series racing:

This is the Le Mans Series

Contested for the first time in 2004, the Le Mans Series (LMS) is open for sports prototypes and GT vehicles. The regulations are based on the rules of the Le Mans 24 hour race. Five championship rounds are contested this season on traditional circuits throughout Europe. The races run over a distance of 1,000 kilometres, with a maximum of 6 hours.

The starting field consists of two different sports vehicle categories: Sports prototypes and standard sports cars. They are divided into four classes:

LMP1 class: Sports prototypes with up to 700 hp and a minimum weight of 900 kilograms. Power to weight ratio: approx. 1.3 kg/hp.
                          LMP2 class: Sports prototypes with around 440 hp (with normally-aspirated engine) and an 825 kilogram minimum weight. Power to weight ratio: approx 1.8 kg/hp.
                          GT1 class: Heavily modified standard sports cars with up to 650 hp and a minimum weight of 1,125 – 1,325 kilograms.
                          GT2 class: Slightly modified standard sports cars with between 450-460 hp and a minimum weight of 1,145 – 1,345 kilograms. The Spyker C8 Laviolette GT2R competes in this class.

All race cars start together but are classified separately according to the class. This system ensures gripping racing with many overtaking manoeuvres. Points are only allocated for placings in each class. Championship titles are awarded for drivers, manufacturers and teams in all four classes.

Source: Planetlemans

Comment

Does anyone know if Spyker is still at all preparing to go racing again? Last year the word was that Spyker would take a break from racing to prepare the Aileron GT2R, but I have heard nothing of that since.. I hope to see that beauty on the tracks soon!

Comment

Isn't there something like a production minimum of 25 cars?
                              Rijk

Comment

I think Spyker will eventually come back to racing but first things (production etc.) first. If they go racing they want to be able to compete with the best again so it will take quite some time to develop, prepare etc.
                                The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Working...
                                X