Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beijing - Paris 1907

Hallo,
    I am a children's book author and I have published several books about airships and the Orient Express. In my next project I will be dealing with the rally from Beijing to Paris in 1907 and my focus will be on the participating Spyker. Now I am looking for a detailed plan of the vehicle with as many technical details as possible. Does someone have drawings of the car and the technical details? It should have been a Spyker 14/18 PK. Unfortunately, I found only blurred photos during my research and would be very pleased if someone could provide me with material.
    Many regards,
    Stephan

Hi Stephan,

Have you tried contacting the curator of the Louwman Museum in Amsterdam?

Jasper and I visited last week and they have an impressive early 20th century collection of Spykers. I'll post a few of the pics I took - maybe one of them is the one you seek - or perhaps it's "close enough" (I know, for instance, I have pics of the 15/22).

Comment

First batch of 4 pics from Louwman Museum
      Attached Files

Comment

Final batch of 4 pics from Louwman Museum.

Sorry if the pics are rotated out of normal orientation...blame the forum software...feel free to download my pics and rotate them so a human can view them properly. :lol:
        Attached Files

Comment

If any of these are the car you seek, let me know and I can send you the full hi-resolution picture/s.

Comment

Ah-hah! Here are a few nice pictures of the actual car:

http://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2011...d-jean-du.html

Comment

Hi Sandy Eggo,
              thanks a lot for the pictures. I tried to get in contact with the museum and also with spykercars. But unfotunately nobody answered me. Possibly they are still all in holydays.
              What Iīm looking for are detailed informations about the motor, the breaks, the wheels and so on. I found some informations on this page:
              https://auta5p.eu/lang/en/katalog/au...14/18-HP-14708
              But thatīs not really much...

Comment

Working...
              X