Spyker announces the appointment of John Walton as CCO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spyker announces the appointment of John Walton as CCO

Looks like the past few months of hard work are starting to bear fruit: another press release, with great news!

SPYKER ANNOUNCES THE APPOINTMENT OF JOHN WALTON AS CHIEF COMMERCIAL OFFICER

Zeewolde, the Netherlands, 8 August 2012 -- Spyker N.V. ("Spyker"), have today announced the appointment of John Walton as Chief Commercial Officer with immediate effect. He will also hold the position of Managing Director for Spyker of the Americas.

Walton, 53, is the former Vice President of Aston Martin North America and General Manager of Aston Martin Lagonda.

Mr. Walton started his automotive career with Ford Motor Company in 1980 and held senior positions with the Unipart Group and latterly with component manufacturer Rossion Automotive in Florida but it is with Aston Martin where John played an instrumental role is the rebirth of Aston Martin with the launch of the much acclaimed DB7.

Having been recruited as General manager, John was responsible for Parts and Distribution before heading up Sales Operations in Europe and the Middle-East, Global Sales and then as VP in North America taking Aston sales from 200 cars in 2001 to over 2400 units in 2007 and seeing the North American market become the most successful for Aston globally.

"I am delighted to be Joining Spyker at this time as the company enters the next chapter in its history with the Spyker C8 Aileron in production and soon the launch of the Spyker C8 Aileron Spyder" said Walton.

"We have established ourselves in the luxury sports car arena and now's the time to expand upon our success with further new models and a renewed focus" Walton went on to say.

Spyker's CEO Victor R. Muller said: "I met John Walton 16 years ago at Aston Martin and since we established Spyker in 2000, I have had the wish to get him on board to help us build the company and the brand. Finally that moment has now come and I am really excited to have the opportunity to work with John. The timing is absolutely right for us both".
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Sounds like good news, let's finally get those sales going!

Comment

I ran into John Walton now twice at the Spyker factory, in as many months. I had a long and a short conversation with him. He is the man Spyker needs

I still keep my fingers crossed, that he will show up this weekend at the Spyker anniversary party.
      Rijk

Comment

WOOO!!

Comment

John @ Pebble Beach....

+ YouTube Video
          ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

I was there this year, great show! I'm sorry I missed Mr. Walton. Would have been nice to say hello.
            With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Working...
            X