No announcement yet.

WANTED ! Spyker C8 Laviolette (Spyder?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED ! Spyker C8 Laviolette (Spyder?)

I recently was invited by Manhattan Motorcars to test drive the Spyker's on the track in Monticello, NY. I have to admit, I have owned a vast variety of Exotic Cars, 5 Lambos, 3 Ferraris, 4 Porsches, Nissan GTR, Vette Z06, Lotus, and even an Ariel Atom 2, etc etc .. you get the idea.

Well I absolutely fell in love with the Spyker! The rawness, handling, exhaust note, interior, felt like I was driving a Breitling.

I own Exotics Rally, which is a website member community in the NY tri-state region and being the owner I always like to have crazy, unique cars. I am ready to add a Spyker to my stable and just lost a deal on one in Florida on a Laviolette. That being said... who wants to part with one?

I am a cash buyer, no financing needed, I would prefer a coupe so I can drive it year round, the convertible IMO doesn't look very sexy with the top up...

I am trying to stay as close to 100k as possible, naturally they haven't dropped that far yet, but I am open to suggestions, ideas, and more...

I have a tax credit through a dealer 'friend' of mine so the transaction can happen very quickly, money in-house ready to burn

Thank you for reading my post, and if someone wants to convince me to buy a Spyder please chime in as to why I should.... THANKS !!!
    Seth Rose
    www.ExoticsRally.com
    seth@exoticsrally.com
    2011 Bullrun Live Rally Champion - Team Exotics Rally
    2012 Bullrun Live Rally Champion - Team Exotics Rally

I think you will have a tough time getting one for $100k... but good luck with your search!

Comment

Seth,

Welcome to SpykerOwner.

I'm glad you enjoyed Monticello, so did I.
      Rijk

Comment

no way for $100K...why not put the cash down for what you can afford and finance the remainder.

Comment

Originally posted by Swisstrader View Post
          no way for $100K...why not put the cash down for what you can afford and finance the remainder.
          I am a realist and understand that I won't find one for 100k, I am willing as said before to step up my game, I have a collection of cars, and right now it was opportunity time in the real estate market so that's where I focused my "financial energy."

As far as financing, I don't believe in it, I pay cash for all of my cars, no bills...
          Seth Rose
          www.ExoticsRally.com
          seth@exoticsrally.com

Comment

Originally posted by jpcourt View Post
            I think you will have a tough time getting one for $100k... but good luck with your search!
            I see you have a vert, any pros - cons of the vert vs the coupe?
            Seth Rose
            www.ExoticsRally.com
            seth@exoticsrally.com

Comment

Originally posted by globallambo View Post
              I
              As far as financing, I don't believe in it, I pay cash for all of my cars, no bills...
              I feel the same way, if I can't pay cash for my toys I just don't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by globallambo View Post
                I see you have a vert, any pros - cons of the vert vs the coupe?
                I just like the look of the open top C8, but to be honest I wouldn't mind having both I think if you could find either you would be happy, plus as a bonus this is a nice little community to belong to.

Comment

- Edit -
                  Last edited by Laviolette GT2R; 22-11-2009, 12:51. Reason: Meant to send a p.m. (Yes i know...)
                  Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Welcome Seth!
                    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Welcome and good luck with finding one for 100k!
                      Louis

Comment

A sports car is by definition a convertible. Many similar coupes outperform a Spyker, so one of the reasons to buy it is the experience, which in my opinion, is greatly enhanced by the open top character of the car. But, if you intend to track it and are tall, the Laviolette is safer and will meet track regulations the Spyder will not.

Comment

Personally i would also go for the laviolette. The roof is also an unique piece of art on it's own! I think also that it's very hard to find one under 150k, so that's going to be tricky but, hey, you never know.
                          Louis

Comment

2006 Spyker C8 Spyder - one of the best buys out there at Spyker of Houston - call me and I can assit you with this one.

Vehicle Details

Comment

Originally posted by METHOMAS View Post
                              2006 Spyker C8 Spyder - one of the best buys out there at Spyker of Houston - call me and I can assit you with this one.

Vehicle Details
                              few problems with that car.

1. No top? I prefer a coupe, but if it at least hard a soft top i could consider.
                              2. It's Silver - not really an option for me, but I would keep an open mind.

Anyone else have anything for sale???
                              Seth Rose
                              www.ExoticsRally.com
                              seth@exoticsrally.com

Comment

Working...
                              X