No announcement yet.

Help me choose a new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally different than the mentioned cars, but how about a Bentley Continental R/T/SC?

The V8 Vantage if definately my #1 in this thread. The older V8's are probably too hard to live with?

I'm a huge Aston/Bentley/Royce fan.

What do you think of American Muscle?

Comment

Originally posted by basman007 View Post
      Totally different than the mentioned cars, but how about a Bentley Continental R/T/SC?
      Talking about stigma. You can just as easily pull up in a Ferrari as a Bentley in the Netherlands. It has the same effect. Anyway, all bentleys are too heavy to be driver cars.
      Rijk

Comment

The V8 Vantage if definately my #1 in this thread. The older V8's are probably too hard to live with?
        When I'm in the Netherlands on business I have no time to take care of a finicky car. It pretty excludes having any classic car (or any AM before 2006 for that matter).
        Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
          You can just as easily pull up in a Ferrari as a Bentley in the Netherlands. It has the same effect.
          Perhaps... Allthough I'd rather see someone I deal with driving an older Bentley than a new 911.

Comment

What do you think of American Muscle?
            The new 2008 Corvette with 600+ HP seems to be a pretty good car, but I think the 600 HP Viper would be more fun to drive. However, it seems to be hard to justify a car that uses 25L/100KM in this green age.

Both cars are way to conspicuous. You'd be better off with a Cadillac XLR-V. Corvette underpinnings and engine, but unknown body-style and with a foldable hard-top.

If I was looking for anything American, I would select the new Tesla Electric car (0-100km/h in 4 sec) with the Lotus body. However, as of now, they will not support the car in Europe. I'm getting help to get in contact with them at the highest level to see if they are willing to make an exception and let me have the first Euro Tesla.
            Rijk

Comment

Perhaps... Allthough I'd rather see someone I deal with driving an older Bentley than a new 911.
              OK, OK, I probably would prefer the Audi R8 over any 911.
              Rijk

Comment

OK, OK, I probably would prefer the Audi R8 over any 911.

Forget the R8. You know you need a convertible to kill the jetlag when in NL.

Comment

If I was looking for anything American, I would select the new Tesla Electric car (0-100km/h in 4 sec) with the Lotus body. However, as of now, they will not support the car in Europe. I'm getting help to get in contact with them at the highest level to see if they are willing to make an exception and let me have the first Euro Tesla.
                  Sounds interesting!

I've never heard it drive, but is it fun to drive a car without sound?

Comment

This week I'm driving an Elise 111R in questionable weather in the Netherlands.

At 53 years of age, I'm just too old for this sh!t. With the roof on, in the rain, in a fully pressed suit, getting in and out of the Elise, is just awfull. I would have to loose 40 LB and cut my hair drastically, so that I'm less than 6' tall.
                    Rijk

Comment

Buy an Elise for the days you know you can drive with the top off. Buy a relatively comfy convertible next to it for all the other days, like I suggested in my email.

Comment

wait - 6 feet is about 180 cm, right?

Edit: Jaguar XKR?

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
                          Buy an Elise for the days you know you can drive with the top off. Buy a relatively comfy convertible next to it for all the other days, like I suggested in my email.
                          You drove the Elise yesterday, but then again you are quite a bit younger and more athletic than me.
                          Rijk

Comment

You drove the Elise yesterday..
                            Don't get me wrong though. The Aston is still #1 Just thinking about alternatives when it won't be the AM.

Comment

Today I was driving back late. In the dark and cold, after a long day of intense meetings, I kept the roof of the Elise open. Very tired and partially jet-lagged, I was reminded why I need a convertible.

A good coat, gloves and a Spyker baseball cap is all I need to keep awake.
                              Rijk

Comment

Today I was driving back late. In the dark and cold, after a long day of intense meetings, I kept the roof of the Elise open. Very tired and partially jet-lagged, I was reminded why I need a convertible.

A good coat, gloves and a Spyker baseball cap is all I need to keep awake.
                                Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
                                You know you need a convertible to kill the jetlag when in NL.
                                You knew I was right

Comment

Working...
                                X