Race the Base "exotics vs F18 jets"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race the Base "exotics vs F18 jets"

This past Wednesday I joined the ZR auto group and we drove up to Cold Lake Alberta to film a commercial for an upcoming ZR event called "Race the Base" that will take place August 27-29. This event is being held to raise money for charity. You will get the chance to safely take your car to max speed on a Canadian air force runway and might get the chance to race a F18 fighter jet. We are still working out all the details.

We left Calgary with 8 exotics (S7 TT, MC12, Novitec 430, G TT, LP560, two F430, and a LP640) and we drove to Edmonton. This day was kind of shitty because we got caught in a snow storm. We stayed in Edmonton over night and reached the Canadian Air Force base the next day in Cold Lake. They have a runway that is butter smooth and 12,600 feet long! We filmed a commercial over the course of the day and got to sit in a F18 fighter jet. Since I rode as a passenger I got to ride in many of the cars. I have to say the S7 is very fast but build quality is on par with a mustang, this car used to brake down all the time but has driven from LA to Calgary to Cold Lake with out a problem ( It had 14 Ibs at full boost ). The MC12 is a great car and stuck to the road like glue even with strong winds and snow on the ground. The Novitec 430 is also a very fast car that handles very good.

Zahir wrote a little thank you to the guys that came and sent me some pictures to post:

"I want to thank the brave drivers that drove in winter conditions for a
    mission for ZR to Cold Lake. I am sure most of you are aware that ZR is
    doing a MAJOR car guy event in Canada to raise funds for charity at the end
    of august.

The goal is for me to bring 100 cars to the event. Purpose is the Breast
    Cancer Foundation, Air force Medical clinic and the local hospitals in the
    area.

City TV is my sponsor for ZR and the event and we spent the whole day on
    Wednesday at the base to make a fantastic commercial involving speed (cars
    and Jets)

More details to follow.

Zahir"

Enjoy the pictures..............................
    Attached Files

AMAZING!!...sounded like you had a blast

Comment

Very impressive lineup. Can't wait to see pictures of the actual event!

Comment

Looks great Rhyno! Are you bringing #171 to the event? If so you could redo this:
        (Spyker F1 against F16)

+ YouTube Video
        ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
        The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Yes I will be bringing 171 to this event!!!!

Here is some more pictures.....

Flickr: nathansmithphoto's stuff tagged with racethebase

Comment

ZR auto is also making a exclusive 300kph club. If you hit 300kph at this event you will join the club and get a 300kph jacket!!!

Comment

rhyno,

That looks fantastic! Great pictures and hopefully you get to race an F-18
              ______

Mel

Comment

The Event: Attempt to hit 300 kph+ or your top speed legally for charity at CFB Cold Lake, AB Air Force Base.

The Cause: The event is a fundraiser for a number of important charities, including Breast Cancer Awareness and the Military Families Support Society, which provides financial support for medical facilities and schooling for military families stationed at CFB Cold Lake.

For details, entry fee, and registration, please go to:

ZR Auto - Race The Base

Comment

... post the actual top speed of your Spyker here!!!

Yesterday, I had the opportunity again to do 300km/h twice on the German motorway around Kaiserslautern. However, we all know that the speedo does show 10% too much, and I didn't have my GPS recorder on board.

I really like the football (soccer) world cup a lot! It keeps the motorways entirely clean during the matches...
                  Last edited by amzamz; 01-09-2010, 06:19.

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
                    I really like the football (soccer) world cup a lot! It keeps the motorways entirely clean during the matches...
                    hahaha

Especially since Germany is still in the league.

Comment

... and the Netherlands!!! But there is no effect on Dutch roads, as there are severe speed limits! Or, are 100% of the police officers in front of TV???? :lol:

Comment

Do you guys think I can hit 300 with the top down but still installed on the car?

Comment

We made it to the finals

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
                            We made it to the finals
                            YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:
                            The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Working...
                            X