#259 - C8 Aileron - White / Tobacco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #259 - C8 Aileron - White / Tobacco

Yesterday we saw #259 at CPP. They use this car to update continuously with the production parts. Between the first real Aileron and this one, a thousand parts have changed. Calling the orange Aileron a pre-production car, is a misnomer. It is just a driving prototype.

Our visit to CPP was very inspiring. We did not get to see everything, but there were quite a few Aileron bodies around. Just as many as Aston Martin 1/77 bodies they were producing.

Brendan O'Toole is just the best supporter for Spyker and his skills are a great asset.
    Last edited by F Spider; 28-01-2021, 22:09.
    Rijk

Interesting

Hope to see the end result soon (#260?)

Comment

Geat new Rijk, it's about time we see some new and factory fresh Aileron's!

I remember seeing pictures of a black C8 Aileron with a black dash and bi-color interior ...could be that this car was #259!?

Comment

There was no interior in this car, so I don't know. But somehow, I expect that this car has had a Spyker interior installed.
        Rijk

Comment

Thanks Rijk! Do you have any info on other ailerons, or are they all still in a body in white stage? I know that one silver-white aileron with turquoise interior will be or is being build... can you confirm?

Btw, maybe this car has become #259 (picture #4).
          Last edited by F Spider; 28-01-2021, 22:09.
          The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

So if I understand it correctly no 'real' (customer) Aileron's have been build yet? Only prototypes & pre-production cars?

Comment

So a thousand parts having been changed, does that affect the car's overall looks in any way? When do you guess we'll see the first ailerons in the wild?

Comment

Originally posted by Reddingius View Post
                So a thousand parts having been changed, does that affect the car's overall looks in any way?
                My bet is that the thousands parts were fitted to improve handling, braking, quality and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                  Yesterday we saw #259 at CPP. They use this car to update continuously with the production parts. Between the first real Aileron and this one, a thousand parts have changed. Calling the orange Aileron a pre-production car, is a misnomer. It is just a driving prototype.

Our visit to CPP was very inspiring. We did not get to see everything, but there were quite a few Aileron bodies around. Just as many as Aston Martin 1/77 bodies they were producing.
                  I'm sorry, but this is not inspiring at all. The Aileron made its debut at the Geneva show in March of 2009! Here we are, August of 2010 now, and still no production Ailerons, when we were told that CPP had begun production this past March. I am guessing that the switch to GM power is now causing further delays?

Spyker is in danger of squandering a fantastic opportunity that they have earned, with all the publicity they have gotten from the purchase of Saab. To date we have only seen about three 2010 cars, and those have been the "old" C8. Spyker had better start turning out some cars, or people are going to lose faith, cancel orders, etc. The year end report should be very interesting indeed.
                  Last edited by F Spider; 28-01-2021, 22:08.

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
                    My bet is that the thousands parts were fitted to improve handling, braking, quality and so on.
                    may only a different engine.....just joking..

Comment

Originally posted by Reddingius View Post
                      So a thousand parts having been changed, does that affect the car's overall looks in any way? When do you guess we'll see the first ailerons in the wild?
                      A car has thousands and thousands of parts (most of which you can't see). So changing 1.000 parts doesn't has to be noticable.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattjs33 View Post
                        I'm sorry, but this is not inspiring at all. The Aileron made its debut at the Geneva show in March of 2009! Here we are, August of 2010 now, and still no production Ailerons, when we were told that CPP had begun production this past March. I am guessing that the switch to GM power is now causing further delays?

Spyker is in danger of squandering a fantastic opportunity that they have earned, with all the publicity they have gotten from the purchase of Saab. To date we have only seen about three 2010 cars, and those have been the "old" C8. Spyker had better start turning out some cars, or people are going to lose faith, cancel orders, etc. The year end report should be very interesting indeed.
                        +1

This is taking a pretty long time. And I guess that the promotour Spyker did last year will be complete waste of money when they won't be able te deliver cars fast! They have stated a few times that the production already started, but that is clearly not the case...

PS In a few weeks time the halfyear results will be presented. So I guess we will learn some thing then.

Comment

I would love to see Ailerons on the road, but developing a car takes 5 years, from concept sketch to production ready. With the SWB, development was really done on customers cars.

Spyker cannot afford to do this on the fly any more, and the car needs to be fully engineered before the series gets produced. They will be held go a much higher standard.

As I understand it, the result will be quite sophisticated, even with the existing Audi engine.
                          Rijk

Comment

That seems logical, but they keep promissing the Aileron is coming (or is in production). Customers are getting irritated (I guess) of they simply loose interest.

The first time we heard about the Aileron was in March '08 (project started at the end of '07?) so at the end of 2012/start of 2013 the Aileron should be ready?

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                              I would love to see Ailerons on the road, but developing a car takes 5 years, from concept sketch to production ready. With the SWB, development was really done on customers cars.

Spyker cannot afford to do this on the fly any more, and the car needs to be fully engineered before the series gets produced. They will be held go a much higher standard.
                              That is the reality they face. And of course, the Aileron will only be a hit if it is fully sorted, and is what they promised. However, at the Aileron's debut in Geneva, Spyker announced that production would begin in May. Of 2009.

Being in business myself, I always feel it is better to under-promise and over-deliver than it is the other way around. Spyker has been particularly mum on any subjects other than Saab since the purchase was finalized. It is understandable that the Saab deal is consuming a lot of time and resources as it is a fairly big deal. But if Spyker is still developing the Aileron, then they should not have been suggesting that Aileron production was imminent.

Comment

Working...
                              X