Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard it is for sale (black/ruby) in CA. 250 miles. STEAL at $160k. Let me know if you are interested and I'll try to arrange a showing.

Dan

This car was recently offered at ebay, the auction ended on 29th jan. 2008.
    Here is a link to the Unofficial Spyker Register #085:

http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/uno...black-red.html

and to the ebay auction (this will probably not work long as this Spyker will most likely soon be removed from ebay):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...209667795&rd=1
    Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

They will relist it. That yellow one has been up for over six months now.

Comment

Dan,

Do you know what the differences are between #085 (I guess it must be identical to your #088) and you current car? I can only see that it has one less vent on the dashboard.
        Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
          Dan,

Do you know what the differences are between #085 (I guess it must be identical to your #088) and you current car? I can only see that it has one less vent on the dashboard.
          I can only speak to the differences between 088 and 152. I'm going to guess that 085 is about the same as 088. Some things off the top of my head...
          088 did NOT have three vent holes
          The steering in 152 is much better
          152 SEEMS to be quieter. This is not just my opinion by the way.
          The tires are a different brand (there are two different ones)
          The clutch is tremendously more user friendly.
          There is an accessory port in the glove box of 152
          There are minor differences in the brightness of some of the lights (doors when they are up, etc.)

Other than that, I can't think of much else. I'll add to this list as I think of more.

Dan

Comment

Dan, did #088 have the "whisper" mode, or the 'sport' switch that opens/closes a valve in the exhaust?

I have noticed a difference in the number of switches on the top of the dash. Some cars have 6 switches, others have 7 switches. I believe the switch reads 'sport'?

Comment

Originally posted by bucciali View Post
              Dan, did #088 have the "whisper" mode, or the 'sport' switch that opens/closes a valve in the exhaust?

I have noticed a difference in the number of switches on the top of the dash. Some cars have 6 switches, others have 7 switches. I believe the switch reads 'sport'?
              Both had the same switches. "Sport" is the exhaust cut off. If it is on, the car is loud. If it is off, the car is reltively quiet. Keep in mind that if you get on it, it will be loud no matter what you do. I think the switch only has an effect at 4,000 RPM or so. I never put mine on quiet so I don't know for sure.

Comment

Hello Knowledgeable Gentlemen,

I am quite interested at this price though I'd like to know a few things if you don't mind answering them. Are there major differences between even your build and the 2008 builds? I have spoken to a dealer and he seems to not know about options such as a hard top or the rumored radio. I know that Spyker is a purist car, but just wanted to know what options are available in the 2008 models. Can you help me out since you all seem to be so much more knowledgeable than a dealer.

Thank you!

Comment

whuang,

As you can read elsewhere, the C8 (SWB) is in its last production year. The C8 LWB (Aileron) will take over. This car is designed for a broader public, with a radio and automatic gearbox options.

Dan has had a radio build into his car, so if that is important to you, you can have that done, and yes, you can have a factory installed radio on the 2008 model. The hardtop has always been an option.

You should have a look at Jati's Spyker. His car is as good as new, and is available at a great discount.
                  Rijk

Comment

Hi,

Please call me Warren and thank you for your answers. I did not know in fact that this would be the last year for the c8 swb version. I actually don't like the aileron as much and prefer much more the swb spyder version. I hope that other my08s will surface in the US as I really am looking to get one with all the recent refinements. I really like the color combo on your car and Jati's (GP Import?) silver is one of my least favorite color on a car. I guess I will just keep looking. I read that you were going to have the new AC done on your car, were you planning on shipping your car to Holland?

Comment

Warren, isn't it possible to order a car at one of the dealerships? Of don't you want a new car?

Comment

I tried, but the dealer doesn't seem to know anything about the removable hardtop or stereo options (not that the stereo is all that important, just nice to have if available). By the way, is the engine cover something standard now or is it an option as well?

Comment

Warren, maybe you can send an e-mail to Carsten F. Preisz. He is the Vice President Sales & Marketing of Spyker of North America, LLC.
                          If somebody in the US might know something about the hardtop or a stereo the is the man (I think ).

His e-mail is: PM me if you want to know his email address
                          Last edited by SpykerOwner; 28-03-2008, 20:55. Reason: email address removed.

Comment

Originally posted by AX lover View Post
                            Warren, maybe you can send an e-mail to Carsten F. Preisz. He is the Vice President Sales & Marketing of Spyker of North America, LLC.
                            If somebody in the US might know something about the hardtop or a stereo the is the man (I think ).
                            Or give the guys at the factory in Zeewolde, the Netherlands a ring.
                            Tel: +31-36 5358787

Comment

Originally posted by Spyker 007 View Post
                              Or give the guys at the factory in Zeewolde, the Netherlands a ring.
                              Tel: +31-36 5358787

Ps.#007 has already got radiopreparations. It has got wiring for speakers in the doors.

Comment

Working...
                              X