No announcement yet.

#908 - C8 Aileron Prototype - Gun metal / Tropicana Orange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The license plate was issued between March and August 2010, so the conversion must have been done (shortly) before.
    Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Originally posted by Laviolette GT2R View Post
      The license plate was issued between March and August 2010, so the conversion must have been done (shortly) before.
      Thank you for clarification!

Comment

Today I have had correspondce with Lars Boelman (http://lars.boelman.nl/node/121) who played the main role in converting #908 to #195. He shared with me some intersting details about that project.

About deaign and assembling the car...

Lars Boelman The design was prepared in CAD (Catia V5) in Zeewolde in cooperation with engineers/designers in Coventry. The rear subframe was replaced and after ecoating the lot, they worked with some guys from Zeewolde on the car in the assembly line for the Aileron. The physical work was done in Coventry. But mixed team; from both Zeewolde and Coventry.

About the engine and drivetraine...

Lars Boelman It was a new drivetrain, but standard for the C8 Aileron. Forgot which one exactly. Think BHF. The most recent Audi engine there was available at that time. We had a bunch in stock, prepared for the C8 Aileron series production.

About the timing...

Lars Boelman Late summer 2010 I think the car was delivered. Took a bit longer to get some parts in the UK than anticipated. The actual conversion work only took 3 months or so, but it was spread out over more than half a year. There was a lot happening at that time.

Comment

Interesting info, thanx for sharing!
          Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Working...
          X